Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Stephanie Katharine - Implied Nudes

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Stephanie Katharine - Implied Nudes

An implied nude is an image where the nipples, pubic areas and intergluteal cleft (better known as the "bum crack"), is mostly hidden.

1. Stephanie with two black Japanese fans

2. Back view with a single fan

3. Black background and classic "implied" arm and hand positioning

Real Name
    Rick

Re: Stephanie Katharine - Implied Nudes

I prefer #3 only because I favor a lower key look. The pose in #1 is best however.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by Rick50 View Post
    I prefer #3 only because I favor a lower key look. The pose in #1 is best however.
    Thanks Rick - I shot with both a light and dark background on this shoot. I know black works well with nudes as it gives the models / scene a dark and moody look. I find it works especially well for a model with Stephanie's looks. A lot of photographers will desaturate the image a bit to enhance this look. My main issue is that the look has been so widely adopted, it seems to be the "go to" default for many photographers.

I'm not someone who tends to like the dark and moody approach, regardless of the genre. I've tended to go for a brighter look where I try to push my images to cover the full range from the very bright colours down through the deep shadow detail, hence my personal preference for the light background.

Real Name
    John

Nice series, scars less noticeable in these, 3rd image should be part of another series as fans are not utilized.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Nice series, scars less noticeable in these, 3rd image should be part of another series as fans are not utilized.
    Could have, but as the theme is implied nudes, it works for me. I shot four different looks; Japanese screen, white background, black background and Venetian carnival mask and I suppose I could have broken things down that way, but I decided that I would stick with three images only and frankly I was not all that happy with the Japanese screens (to distracting) or the masks (not personal enough), so I stuck what I posted.

I prefer the light background, but decide to throw one traditional black background, lower key style shot in as many people are used to that look.

Real Name
    Sandy

I much prefer "implied nude photos" rather than nude because implied allows us to look at beauty without the "in your face" exposure. I don't have a favorite of these but perhaps #1 draws my eye simply because she looks like she is having fun. She is a beautiful lady.

Real Name
    Javier Ramirez

Nice capture