Thread: iMac factory display settings for colormunki photo

Real Name
    Bernard Smith

iMac factory display settings for colormunki photo

I am going through the process of calibrating my iMac 5k radeon monitor (2017) with the colormunki photo and when you get to the point where you place it on the screen to measure various colours it says. " BEFORE YOU BEGIN, RESET YOUR DISPLAY TO ITS FACTORY SETTINGS".

I am unsure exactly what this means and where to do it.

Is it to be found in DISPLAY PREFERENCES under the COLOR tab and is it the line that just says iMac in the box titled DISPLAY PROFILE. What do you suggest for screen brightness at this point?

If it isn't here then where is it to be found.

By the way , it asks for the display to be RESET whether you used the EASY or ADVANCED method of monitor calibration.

Hope someone can point me in the right direction, as after the monitor has been calibrated it will, be the printer next..Epson Stylus Pro 7880. 24"

Additionally is there any way of measuring the rooms light levels as this is also an area that is presently causing me some head scratching.. Am I better to have a daylight rated lamp in the room throughout the calibration process.

Colormunki has told me that my room is too dark .... I thought that being to bright would be a bigger problem.

Again thanks in advance

Bernard

Real Name
    Bill

Re: iMac factory display settings for colormunki photo

Bernard

It's been a while since I set up the Colormunki with the iMac but if you haven't performed any calibrations previously then it should be in the "Factory settings" mode. If you have done something you can restore from System Preferences > Settings > Displays > Color > iMac

There is an option in the Colormunki set-up to correct for ambient light changes, but the best starting point would be to perform the calibration in your normal working environment.