Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Classic Art Nude

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Classic Art Nude

I spent the morning at a Classic Nude Lighting workshop, led by a well known local photographer who specializes in that genre. While I knew a lot of this material in theory, it was quite interesting to do the setups and lighting under the guidance of someone who has been working in this genre for many years.

Unlike a lot of workshops, where there was a lot of time spent shooting, we generally only took one or two shots and then changed the lighting to see the effects.

Classic art nudes are all about the moodiness and use of light and shadows to sculpt the model and tend to be rather low key.

Classic Art Nude

Real Name
    John

Re: Classic Art Nude

I was at a recent shoot that was setup similarly, many different effects, different number of speedlights, etc. and it did give you a good variety of shots. I like when there are two or three models and the chance for two sets, although with two sets there can be a lot of confusion especially one photographer's camera is setting off the strobes in another set. Nicely composed and sense of mystery with the layers of shadows.