Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: In the Loft

I live in Russia, in a rural place on the river Volga
    Real Name
    Vladimir

In the Loft

In the Loft
    It's a little room under the roof of a country house. The girl likes to spend her spare time there: reading, ruminating over things, playin' with mates. She knows that no one will come there and disturb her. I came there once with my camera to take a photo of her, and she was displeased (you can see it looking at her face). I wouldn't do it but the sun was setting which produced a fascinating atmosphere! So I couldn't resist
    Last edited by zebra; 23rd May 2018 at 09:07 AM.

Real Name
    John

Re: In the Loft

Nicely composed.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

This is a nicely done image. The strong light onto your subject from a camera left window is quite effective. You have avoided that "dappled" look on key areas on her face, so the effect works in this shot. I do like the directionality of the light and how the background is in shadow without losing all shadow detail.

The way you have handled the window in the background is well done too as it does break up the back wall quite nicely without it being overly distracting. The cool blue tones are a nice contrast to the sunlight towards the front of the shot.

My only real issue with the image is the presence of the two squash / pumpkins on the camera left side of the image. Not only do they look out of place in this scene, but by being so brightly lit, they compete for the viewer's attention with your subject. Something more subtle that is likely to be found in the attic of an old house would likely have been a stronger choice.

Also, you are showing links to your images in your postings. Normally supplying a data string for Bulletin Boards (BB Code) allows the image to show directly in the posting, rather than requiring the poster to click on the link to see the posting. If you could do this, the site members would appreciate it as that is generally how the rest of us work.

I live in Russia, in a rural place on the river Volga
    Real Name
    Vladimir

Thank you for your comment, Manfred.