Sharon

Does it bite?

An older pic of our yellow boy.
    Technically poor, but still adorable.

Does it bite?

Real Name
    Paul David

Re: Does it bite?

Your title reminds me of the scene in the Peter Sellers movie. Pretty dog.

Real Name
    Sharon

Quote Originally Posted by LePetomane View Post
    Your title reminds me of the scene in the Peter Sellers movie. Pretty dog.
    LOL.
    Yes, we lost him about three weeks ago in an ugly way (osteosarcoma is never pretty, but it was a worse passing than it had to be). Going back and cleaning up photos today in between work. Gonna miss him forever, best dog ever.

Real Name
    Greg

You might have technical problems with it but it looks ok to me, Sharon. It is well composed, you have caught the dog in action and at an interesting moment, and it is sharp enough. Nice shot.

Technical issues or not, you caught a special moment for you to always remember. So sorry to hear that your faithful companion and friend is gone. It is so very hard to lose a pet even when you know it is coming. You will have so many special memories to look back on and this image will be one of them.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

I'm sorry that he's gone. Only those of us who've had dogs know what it's like to lose them.

Real Name
    John

Nice shot.

Real Name
    George

Quote Originally Posted by lovelife65 View Post
    An older pic of our yellow boy.
    Technically poor, but still adorable.

Does it bite?
    If it's adorable it's good and rich. And I think you're right: it's adorable.

I can't place that animal. It looks like a snake but that sand does make me thinking of a beach.

George

Real Name
    Paul David

Sharon, I'm sorry to read about your dog. Losing a dog is very difficult, especially on the remaining dog. After a while the good memories will resurface so all will be well.

Real Name
    Sharon

Thank you all for your kind words. They often say losing a pet (if you are an animal lover) is harder almost than losing a relative.
    Yes, we knew it was coming. I think at this moment guilt is more than anything, as I didn't advocate for him and allowed a final intervention that I knew was going to end poorly and it did. Never allow a dog to suffer.

Yes Paul David, our other pup (his litter mate sister) was very confused at first (my hubby left for a trip the afternoon before he passed as well).
    Although I know we will get another labrador, we can't replace him and that's not the intent.
    He will remain forever in our hearts.

Real Name
    Sharon

Quote Originally Posted by george013 View Post
    If it's adorable it's good and rich. And I think you're right: it's adorable.

I can't place that animal. It looks like a snake but that sand does make me thinking of a beach.

George
    Thank you George,
    Yes we were on a beach in N. California. It does almost look like a snake, but if I remember correctly it was some type of sea weed or something. His wrinkled forehead means he was confused as well

Thornhill, a suburb of Toronto, Ontario Canada
    Real Name
    Robert

Sharon,
    Sorry to hear about the death of your dog. My deepest condolences to you and your family. I completely understand your pain as we recently lost one of our cats to Cancer. You are in my thoughts.
    As for your photo, technically I think its fine,. my only suggestion would be to crop a bit off the bottom, and a large vertical slice on our right side. That will put the Doggie's head in a thirds position and eliminate some of the empty background that adds nothing to the story.
    Robert

Real Name
    Sharon

Thank you Robert. !e gave him an extra 10 months and no regrets. He was a great dog for 11.5 years. Funny how they can steal your heart. I am sorry for your kitty, never any fun.

Quote Originally Posted by RBSinTo View Post
    Sharon,
    Sorry to hear about the death of your dog. My deepest condolences to you and your family. I completely understand your pain as we recently lost one of our cats to Cancer. You are in my thoughts.
    As for your photo, technically I think its fine,. my only suggestion would be to crop a bit off the bottom, and a large vertical slice on our right side. That will put the Doggie's head in a thirds position and eliminate some of the empty background that adds nothing to the story.
    Robert