Not my best Robber Fly but not too bad

Real Name
    John

Re: Not my best Robber Fly but not too bad

Nice one.

Real Name
    Richard

Excellent image Brian. Good subject isolation, sharp focus and just enough DOF.

Real Name
    Bill

Good one Brian - love the eyes!

While here, if I may chip in on your "where do I go" post, you almost certainly have all the gear you need and at the level you need, the recent body upgrade being significant. I'd concentrate on developing your own style and composition and processing skills. Perhaps have a look at the available online courses. There are some free ones offered by members of one or other of the MOOC consortia, and some good paid ones from credible sources, for example the RPS. Unfortunately the best bang for the buck would be to join an active photographic society/camera club that includes varied competitions in its programme and that uses accredited judges to assess and comment on the entries, and I suspect that this is not a available to you.

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by billtils View Post
    Good one Brian - love the eyes!

While here, if I may chip in on your "where do I go" post, you almost certainly have all the gear you need and at the level you need, the recent body upgrade being significant. I'd concentrate on developing your own style and composition and processing skills. Perhaps have a look at the available online courses. There are some free ones offered by members of one or other of the MOOC consortia, and some good paid ones from credible sources, for example the RPS. Unfortunately the best bang for the buck would be to join an active photographic society/camera club that includes varied competitions in its programme and that uses accredited judges to assess and comment on the entries, and I suspect that this is not a available to you.
    Chip away. I was a tad too far away for seeing the compound eyes but the color worked well. The new body has indeed made a significant improvement.

Working on some online courses. No clubs such as you describe in my vicinity.

Brian

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by DickyOZ View Post
    Excellent image Brian. Good subject isolation, sharp focus and just enough DOF.
    If he had just kept his tail still.