Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Box

Real Name
    John

Re: Box

Quote Originally Posted by Digital View Post
    John, this is a very interesting thread. Been following it very closely. The problem with this whole situation is that we do not have all the facts. Unless we do, we can speculate all we want.
    By no means am I suggesting you track this story down, this is just my observation.
    IMHO, this incident is interesting with, or without the pizza box.

Bruce
    Hi Bruce,

I've been following the news but haven't found any more information, thanks for commenting.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by FootLoose View Post
    Pizza box? I thought the title of the photograph referred to the framing of the subject - there is pipe of some sort across the top, a wall at the left side, and some object at the bottom boxing her in.

As for removing the pizza box - I thought removing objects from the frame was against the street photographers code.
    Hi Greg,

The title was also inspired a bit by the position of her hands as well as the frame and pizza box. I'm not sure that removing objects is against any code but most photographers of the genre are just indifferent to aesthetics, I think the creed is "it is what it is" as the photographer has very little control over the overall composition except when it comes to timing the shot. Composition/backgrounds are important to the SP and can be used to frame the subject who just hasn't come into the frame. Thanks for commenting.

Real Name
    John

Hi Sharon,

Regarding your comments in post #39 regarding trash in the streets, I sometimes look at the city streets and think of the quote by The Joker (Jack Nicholson) in Batman, "This Town Needs an Enema", unfortunately it sometimes takes a storm to bring about change.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123