Thread: Amazon Kindle Deal of the Day 9th June

Real Name
    Dave

Amazon Kindle Deal of the Day 9th June

Saturday 9th June. Tony Northrup's Stunning Digital Photography is available for 99p (in the UK at least), including videos.

Don't know how good it is, but it has to be worth a punt at that price.

Dave

Real Name
    Richard

Re: Amazon Kindle Deal of the Day 9th June

I would definitely say that this book would be worth perusing (at that price). Apparently, that price is only valid for U.K. buyers. The USA price remains $9.99 USD...

I looked up the Kindle Daily Deals on USA Amazon.com and here is nothing that I would be interested in.

However, I have some other Kindle Books which are fairly good. One that I really like is a replacement for an old hard cover book which was loaned out and lost years ago:
    https://www.amazon.com/POSING-CAMERA...+photographers

There are many other Kindle books on posing as well as other photography subjects. This older book uses line drawings as illustrations rather than photographs...

I have the Tony and Chelsea book, "Photoshop CC Essentials for Photographers"and it is pretty good. Also included are links to Tony and Chelsea's YouTube Videos about Photoshop CC. These are free videos but, it is neat to have the links all together in one spot. One of the videos that I like suggests ways to set up the Photoshop CC work space for efficient workflow... I would guess that the videos included with the Daily Deal book are also from YouTube, which certainly doesn't diminish their value...

I really like Kindle because I don't have to make space on my already crowded bookshelves for the new Kindle books that I acquire. Besides photography, history is one of my favorite subjects and Kindle has literally hundreds of history books available free. Many of these books are older editions and are no longer available. They can give a perspective on history form the time it occurred. I just counted the number of Kindle books that I win and it is around 90 or so - most of them free editions.

I have a pair of books on my 6D Mark-2.

I even have a Kindle edition of a book "Those Crazy Camera Guys" that is a tongue-in-cheek description of some of the episodes of my Combat Camera Group in Vietnam. It was written by Ken Bumpus who was one of my shipmates in that organization...
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 9th June 2018 at 05:04 PM.

Real Name
    Odd Skjæveland

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    ...One that I really like is a replacement for an old hard cover book which was loaned out and lost years ago: ...POSING-CAMERA-professional-guide-photographer-ebook...
    Wow, I believe I happen to have a copy of the hard cover book. Focal Press 1960. Great book.

The title "Posing for the camera" fits the idea of gender neutrality, the subtitle "A creative manual for models and the men who work with them" less so.

--
    Odd S.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

On the other hand, I find Tony Northrup's advice to be of questionable value to knowledgeable photographers and would not opt to buy any of his materials, even if he were giving it away for free. He is right up there with Ken Rockwell as one of the internet's sources for photography advice I tend to look at for a good laugh.