Thread: Nik Collection - New update, or just the same one as a few weeks ago

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Nik Collection - New update, or just the same one as a few weeks ago

Did anyone else get an e-mail from DxO today, or in the last couple of days, offering an introductory price for the 'new' Nik package?

I'm wondering if this is just the same package that we were offered a few weeks ago, which has no changes from the last Google owned version, or is this indeed the 'new' DxO owned Nik package?

There is nothing on the marketing blurb to tell us what it is.
    Last edited by Donald; 21st June 2018 at 01:13 PM.

Real Name
    Dan

Re: Nik Collection - New update, or just the same one as a few weeks ago

I didn't receive it, but the introductory price has been on their website, https://nikcollection.dxo.com/. It looks the same as it did when they introduced the 'new' Nik collection. The "what's new" page, https://nikcollection.dxo.com/what-s-new/, also looks the same. however, more than that I don't know.

Real Name
    Dave

In pretty sure it's just what we were offered a few weeks ago. I actually bought it before, as much as a gesture of support for DxO as any thing else, but I still got the email.

Dave

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Thank you for the replies

Quote Originally Posted by davidedric View Post
    I actually bought it before, as much as a gesture of support for DxO as any thing else, but I still got the email.
    I did as well, so I wondered.

I think this is the same one and anyone buying it will likely get an offer price of an update once DxO are ready to launch it. Well, I hope there is some carrot for buying something that we already had.

Real Name
    John

I've suffered stability problems as Windows 10 has gone from upgrade to upgrade. Used with the last but one release of W10 it was hopeless. With the last version it was problem free. Just upgraded to the latest release and some of the Nik plugins only load every now and then. DxO claim to have updated the software to make the plugins more stable but I don't believe the functionality has changed. I will down load the trial to have a look at it and see whether it is indeed more stable. If it is I might invest.

Real Name
    Greg

I downloaded Nik collection when it was free about a year or so back and it was fine for a while as a plugin for CC on Mac OSX. For the last 6 months or so it crashes CC every time I use it so I have just saved fro,m CC to desktop and open the image up in Nik which works fine.
    Is this paid version any different in stability or features?

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

When I downloaded the DxO version, it was a lot smaller than the last Google Nik release.

I have not had any stability issues on either a Windows 8 or Windows 10 machine, so cannot comment on changes to the code base.

Real Name
    Yes

The nik collection had a problem with text display on high resolution screens. Has this interface problem been resolved with the new edition.

Real Name
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by gregj1763 View Post
    I downloaded Nik collection when it was free about a year or so back and it was fine for a while as a plugin for CC on Mac OSX. For the last 6 months or so it crashes CC every time I use it so I have just saved fro,m CC to desktop and open the image up in Nik which works fine.
    Is this paid version any different in stability or features?
    Answered my own question, downloaded the trial version today and it works seamlessly with CC.

Real Name
    John

I did the same and is exhibiting exactly the same problems described by Loosecanon but not all the time. Seems to be a bit of a lottery at the moment. I'm in conversation with DxO. Their first response is below in case it helps someone else but I'm still chasing a solution despite cleaning out the old version with Revo Uninstaller Pro.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seth (Support & Assistance)
    Jun 22, 4:51 PM CEST
    John,

A question please. Have you imported into the new Nik Collection 2018 any recipes/presets that you used with an older version of the Nik Collection? If you have, please remove them. They may not currently be compatible with the new version of the Collection.

Please use these instructions and follow them carefully. It is recommended that you uninstall any older version before installing the Nik Collection by DxO 2018. Remember, however, to save your personal presets and then import them back into your new version. We recommend that you read the following article to learn how to do this:

https://support.dxo.com/hc/en-us/art...15015301507and

then re-download the Nik Collection using this link

https://download-center.dxo.com/nikc...Collection.exe

Please only use Windows Edge or Internet Explorer to do the download, and please remember to temporarily turn off your anti-virus program during the download and reinstall. Windows Edge and Internet Explorer have far superior restart capabilities in case the download of the Nik Collection should stop or stall during the download process. When you do the install, please be sure to run the installation program as an administrator. There is more information on how to do this on the Microsoft Windows website.

As always, we HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you have a current backup of your complete system on a separate hard drive prior to making any changes to your computer system.

Do not forget to turn your anti-virus back on when you have completed the installation. And, please reboot your PC when done. This should resolve the issue for you.

You can get more information regarding the Nik Collection 2018 including FAQs about the program as well as resolutions to common issues by going to the Nik Collection web site at

https://support.dxo.com/hc/en-us/cat...lection-by-DxO

Also, please be aware that your PC must meet or exceed all of the following system requirements:

• Intel Core™ 2 or AMD Athlon 64 X2 or higher (Intel Core™ i5 or higher recommended)
    • 4 GB of RAM (8 GB recommended)
    • 4 GB or more of available hard-disk space
    • Microsoft Window 7 (64-bit) with Service Pack 1, Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit), Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit, and still supported by Microsoft).

And currently, the Nik Collection 2018 by DxO tools are only compatible for use with the following programs:

- Adobe Photoshop CS5 (64-bit) through CC 2018
    - Adobe Photoshop Elements 13 through 2018 (apart from HDR Efex Pro 2, which is not compatible with Photoshop Elements). Photoshop Elements 9 -12 are not compatible because they are 32-bit based programs.
    - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 through 6/CC 2018. Lightroom Classic is not compatible with the Nik Collection, but Lightroom Classic CC 2018 is compatible. It is also not compatible with Lightroom CC.

All host programs must be fully 64-bit based in order to work with the Nik Collection 2018. No 32-bit based programs will work.

Thank you for contacting DxO Customer Support.
    regards,
    Seth
    DxO Support Team