Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Sunsets are proof that no matter what happens, everyday can end beautifully. CC.

Real Name
    Kathy

Sunsets are proof that no matter what happens, everyday can end beautifully. CC.

Constructive advice is welcome.

These photo's were taken from our balcony of our lodge when we were on vacation, we had just arrived to our room and these colors came so fast and left even faster, didn't get much of a chance to snap many photos.

Sunsets are proof that no matter what happens, everyday can end beautifully. CC.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: Sunsets are proof that no matter what happens, everyday can end beautifully. CC.

Virtually the same advice I gave on the waterfall images. Lift the shadows, dodge to enhance the highlights, burn to enhance the shadows. I also added a gradient into the skies to bring the textures out a bit more. There is just a few minutes of work in each one.

#2 is a bit limited as to what can be done as the foreground shadow details are crushed in the posted image.

Real Name
    Kathy

Re: Sunsets are proof that no matter what happens, everyday can end beautifully. CC.

Quote Originally Posted by Manfred M View Post
    Virtually the same advice I gave on the waterfall images. Lift the shadows, dodge to enhance the highlights, burn to enhance the shadows. I also added a gradient into the skies to bring the textures out a bit more. There is just a few minutes of work in each one.

#2 is a bit limited as to what can be done as the foreground shadow details are crushed in the posted image.

Thank you Manfred, I appreciate the thoughts

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Kathy - the one most important thing to remember about images is that the mid-tones are what make or break an image.

Real Name
    Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by Manfred M View Post
    Kathy - the one most important thing to remember about images is that the mid-tones are what make or break an image.
    Thank you!

Real Name
    John

Don't know if you had a tripod with you but I would've set one up for everyday after seeing this scene. Nice shots.

Real Name
    Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Don't know if you had a tripod with you but I would've set one up for everyday after seeing this scene. Nice shots.
    Thank you! This was the only night that had really outstanding color.