Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Upper Canada Village - Part 1

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Upper Canada Village - Part 1

We spent the day wandering around Upper Canada Village, near Morrisburg, Canada. During this visit, I planned to photograph mostly the interpreters in period costume (Upper Canada circa 1867).

I brought my flash along and bounced the light off the walls and ceilings to supplement the ambient light conditions.

1. Musicians at the General Store

2. The Blacksmith and the Carpenter

3. The School Teacher

Last edited by Manfred M; 28th July 2018 at 06:41 AM.

Real Name
    Mike long

Re: Upper Canada Village - Part 1

Looks like a interesting place. History intrigue's me and love to see how people lived back in the "Good Ole days"
    Canada is a beautiful place and would love to go there one day.
    I'm a BIG fan of Photographer Adam Gibbs who is from Canada. His work is incredible and some of my favorites are his winter shots while up on Mt. Seymour. Not sure if you know of him but it's beautiful.
    Love the images and thanks.

Real Name
    John

Nice series.

Real Name
    Richard

Great images. These could be textbook illustrations regarding the use of flash to supplement the ambient light. You know that flash has been used correctly when the image doesn't scream, "I WAS SHOT WITH FLASH"

I have gone through several evolutions of carry everyplace hotshoe flashes...

I first carried a Canon 420EX because it was the lightest full-size hotshoe flash available but this was lacking manual mode and was still larger and heavier than I desired. Then I used the 270EX II which was tiny and light weight but didn't have much versatility. I have just come upon the Godox 350 which is about a half-size hotshoe flash that has all the capabilities of a full size unit. It is about half the power of a full size hotshoe flash (which is usually plenty for fill flash), can tilt and rotate, has TTL and manual capability along with second curtain sync. Throwing a lightweight X1 radio trigger into my bag will even expand the utility of the 350 flash at very little additional weight or bulk...
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 28th July 2018 at 02:03 PM.

Thornhill, a suburb of Toronto, Ontario Canada
    Real Name
    Robert

Manfred,
    Well seen and composed, with excellent use of fill flash.
    Looks very similar to our Black Creek Pioneer Village here in Toronto although the time period for ours is somewhat earlier.
    Nicely done.
    Robert