Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: 5 years of practice and a oot of luck just paid off: Mama spiders eggs are hatching

Real Name
    Brian

5 years of practice and a oot of luck just paid off: Mama spiders eggs are hatching

5 years of practice and a oot of luck just paid off: Mama spiders eggs are hatching

It never hurts to be lucky. The newly hatched spiders are so tiny that I didn't know they were in the shot till i put the shot on the big screen.

Tree Spider Eggs Hatching: Sony Alpha a68 ~ Tamron 90mm 272E Macro Lens ~ ISO100 ~ Shutter Speed 0.8s ~ F/16 ~ Exposure Compensation 0.0 ~ Tree Spider on Giant Butong Bamboo in our garden/temple on the side of a sleepy volcano.

Real Name
    Ted

Re: 5 years of practice and a oot of luck just paid off: Mama spiders eggs are hatchi

A remarkable capture Brian!

That Tamron is quite a lens ...

Re: 5 years of practice and a oot of luck just paid off: Mama spiders eggs are hatchi

Super result. Congratulations.

A situation which was fraught with potential over exposure issues, but you have managed an ideal exposure level.

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by xpatUSA View Post
    A remarkable capture Brian!

That Tamron is quite a lens ...
    I'm thrilled with the result and the tamron is superb. Considering that it is one of the lower priced macro lenses for an Alpha mount makes it even better.

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    A situation which was fraught with potential over exposure issues, but you have managed an ideal exposure level.
    I did have to burn two little bright spots on two of the babies but other than that it worked well. All of the nagging my Manfred must have paid off.

On the A68 there is a setting for 'Creative Style' I have been shooting with the contrast set to +3. Yesterday I returned to 0. Seems to have made a difference.

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Barry View Post
    Super result. Congratulations.
    Congratulations accepted. But as noted a lot of credit goes to the lens and camera.