Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: When Rescues Cooperate

Real Name
    Richard

When Rescues Cooperate

What I like better about working in rescue than I did when we showed Maltese is that, rather than compete with each other, rescues tend to work together for the betterment of the dogs. We got a phone call from another rescue group who needed help. There was a woman who had mental problems and who had several dogs she was unable to care for. The rescue said that they only had one person available to rescue the dogs and asked my wife if she would go along on the rescue.

Between the two ladies, we were able to get the dogs into a safe clean environment. We have one of the dogs with us and the rest went with the other rescue.

Trudie is a one year old Coton de Tulear and Bichon Frise mix who was matted and covered with fleas. This is what she looked like when Judy brought her to our home.

When Rescues Cooperate

My wife immediately bathed her and trimmed her coat. She got rid of the fleas and administered flea medication. Trudie is still a little confused and a bit frightened at all the attention she has been getting. I will shoot some other images in a few days when Trudie has become more relaxed and confident in her new surroundings...

When Rescues Cooperate
    When Rescues Cooperate

She has a vet appointment tomorrow morning for a checkup, shots and a spay...
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 2nd August 2018 at 12:36 AM.

Real Name
    John

Re: When Rescues Cooperate

Nice series.

Real Name
    Richard

Re: When Rescues Cooperate

Thanks John... I want to reshoot the series. Trudie looks scared because she WAS SCARED. I think that I'll give a week or so with TLC before she goes on front of my camera again...