Still

Real Name
    John

Re: Still

Nice one.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Interesting image Peter. I'm definitely a fan of images that explore industrial equipment. I suspect that you were working in some fairly tight quarters with limited space / time to compose. Concentrating focus on the thermometer and letting the rest of the image go out of focus has worked well. The copper of the still itself is nicely contrasted with the steel in the piping.

I also find the name "gin still" a bit misleading. The still is used to make alcohol and further treatment of the distillate is what turns it into the final product. A still effectively turns out vodka and the flavourings, notably the juniper berries, that are added to the vodka turn that into gin.

Real Name
    Peter Schluter

I did not know that Manfred. I shall do some more research starting with a full bottle !!

Here is another one from the visit, the lighting was difficult with a skylight providing the full glare of the sun and yes I did not have much room to manoeuvre.

Still

Real Name
    Greg

I like both of these, Peter, the colours are wonderful. The second one should be viewed in lytebox to appreciate the texture on that object. Well captured.