Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Tofu eating

Real Name
    Richard

Tofu eating

Nope, I didn't mean "eating tofu". Tofu is a week old male Maltese puppy that the San Diego Humane Society Shelter asked us to rescue. Apparently his mother rejected him for some reason.

Tofu eating

Anyway, my wife is feeding Tofu by hand every four hours. He seems to be doing quite well. I will keep you apprised of his progress.

Real Name
    John

Re: Tofu eating

Nicely captured.

Real Name
    Greg

I was expecting to see one of you dogs eating tofu, Richard. Cute shot. I hope his mother didn't reject him because she sensed something seriously wrong with him.

Real Name
    Paul David

Richard, very nice. The canine community is lucky to have you.

Real Name
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by FootLoose View Post
    I was expecting to see one of you dogs eating tofu, Richard. Cute shot. I hope his mother didn't reject him because she sensed something seriously wrong with him.
    That was one of the first things that I thought also. However, the vet at the humane society thoroughly examined him with that in mind and didn't find anything wrong. Something happened to the rest of the puppies in her litter (I don't know how many there were) concerning a vicious dog that was nearby. I don't know the story but, luckily, the little guy is really strong and lively.

We will feature him on our Facebook page and I know that there will be a line of people wanting to adopt him.

Speaking about a dog who is going to attract a crowd of potential adopters, Toto is a 6-month old Yorkshire Terrier (Yorkie) who arrived this week from Korea (in our ongoing effort to keep these dogs away from the Korean dog meat markets). He is absolutely friendly and is a great looking little pup...

Tofu eating

Tofu eating

Susan arrived with Toto. She is a young Maltese mix female. It will be easy to find a home for her also...

Tofu eating

Tofu eating

Real Name
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by LePetomane View Post
    Richard, very nice. The canine community is lucky to have you.
    Thanks... We are lucky to be in a position to help! Having a large home set up for dogs and a big yard (an acre and a quarter surrounded by a six foot chain link fence) really helps. When we were breeding and showing Maltese, we funneled most of our profits into making our home dog friendly. For one thing, all of our floors are tile which really helps because many rescue dogs are not house trained. We have two Hoover Floor Mate hard floor cleaners and a rotary scrubber for the difficult stuff. We are proud to say that walking into our home, you would never know we had a passel of dogs sharing our life and our house.