Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: It is finally here.

Real Name
    Paul David

It is finally here.

Next Tuesday I will be headed to the Tetons to do some fly fishing and photography. This summer has been hectic between a prolonged move and a sick adult child. All is better now. It will be nice to do some photography. I was fishing in the Bighorn Mountains last week and would have taken some nice shots of a bull moose but I did not have a camera and was plotting my escape.

Next week will be different.

Real Name
    Richard

Re: It is finally here.

Best of luck in both your pursuits - fly fishing and photography. Sadly, my fly tackle has been greatly underused snce I need to travel away from San Diego to do anything but salt water flay fishing and wielding a 12 weight or heavier salt water fly rod is pretty exhausting...

Real Name
    Paul David

A 12 weight is a big stick. The biggest I have used is an8 weight for Steelhead in Oregon. In Wyoming and Montana I use a 5 weight fast action bamboo.

Real Name
    Lisa Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by LePetomane View Post
    Next Tuesday I will be headed to the Tetons to do some fly fishing and photography. This summer has been hectic between a prolonged move and a sick adult child. All is better now. It will be nice to do some photography. I was fishing in the Bighorn Mountains last week and would have taken some nice shots of a bull moose but I did not have a camera and was plotting my escape.

Next week will be different.
    So, how did it go? Did you have a good time? Pictures? I hope you got to relax and unwind.

Real Name
    Paul David

Lisa, thanks for asking. The trip went well. It had been a long time since we visited that area and now it is overrun with tourists, traffic jams, tour buses and people doing risky stuff around large animals. The fishing was okay but not great. We fished small flies in clear slow water. I added a link to a thread containing pictures.

Jackson, Wyoming

Real Name
    Daniel

Awesome trip. Sounds like it was a blast. I got my first wild trout on the Kern River earlier this year. Fly fishing is such a fun sport. I use my 4/5wt rod for the local california streams.

Real Name
    George

I hope to see some pictures of fly fishing self. Seems to be a challenge to me.

George

Real Name
    Anton

good luck. Forget your phone and make it the best rest ever