Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Sizing advice

Real Name
    Richard

Sizing advice

I am applying for a grant that will provide free flea products for our rescue dogs. These products are fairly expensive and getting them free for the 200-250 dogs that we rescue each year would certainly help our cash flow.

The grant application requires me to send in images, especially before and after images. As you probably know, I have a large collection of images of this type since I always shoot an "entry" picture of the dogs when they arrive.

The rules governing the images are rather vague.

8. Attach at least two good-quality photos of the pets who will benefit, and/or photos and stories of pets with your organization in the past who benefitted from being treated with Seresto®, Advantage® II, or K9 Advantix® II. We love before and after photos!

I have tried to contact these folks for some sizing recommendations but, have not received any reply. Since the deadline is September 18th, I need to get cracking.

What size would you recommend that I submit the images?

Thanks

Real Name
    George

Re: Sizing advice

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    I am applying for a grant that will provide free flea products for our rescue dogs. These products are fairly expensive and getting them free for the 200-250 dogs that we rescue each year would certainly help our cash flow.

The grant application requires me to send in images, especially before and after images. As you probably know, I have a large collection of images of this type since I always shoot an "entry" picture of the dogs when they arrive.

The rules governing the images are rather vague.

8. Attach at least two good-quality photos of the pets who will benefit, and/or photos and stories of pets with your organization in the past who benefitted from being treated with Seresto®, Advantage® II, or K9 Advantix® II. We love before and after photos!

I have tried to contact these folks for some sizing recommendations but, have not received any reply. Since the deadline is September 18th, I need to get cracking.

What size would you recommend that I submit the images?

Thanks
    What do you think if you can't ask them something?
    Size of the pictures are determined by the way they're or will be used. If you don't know that nobody can answer that question.

George

Real Name
    Dan

I'd suggest that you are over thinking this one. Is the application submitted as a physical document or digitally? Whichever case you aren't submitting something to imaging experts. I'd size it assuming it's going to be looked at by John Q. So small physical prints or assuming a typical(nowadays) 1080p monitor, depending on the method of delivery.

Real Name
    Dan

How many are you submitting? I tend to agree with the other Dan, but if you aren't submitting many, you could include a link to a dropbox folder or some such with larger files in case they want them

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Facebook is often viewed as the "standard" that people work to and I believe that is around 2048 pixels on the long dimension. This should be more than adequate for any web-based use that this company might use.

Real Name
    Grahame

Submit a size for screen viewing 1920 or 2048px and mention that 'high quality full resolution images can be provided if necessary'.

Real Name
    George

Richard,
    When entering such a contest there must be an legal agreement. Your photo's will be used and they need your permission in some way. Find that agreement and read it. Like RTFA in stead of RTFM
    Maybe you'll find it after entering the contest.

George

Real Name
    Remco

George, this isn't a contest, but a grant application. Richard is asking an industrial to grant him anti-flea products. So basically, there is no agreement yet (those tend to be written up once the grant is, well, granted).

But indeed, unless there's something to the contrary in the conditions for application or referenced documents, which you agree to by submitting the application, the other party will still have to ask permission before any publication.

To get back to the original question, I'd say screen sized images with mention of "larger available" would be best, especially if the application is to be submitted electronically (email often has size limits).

Real Name
    George

Quote Originally Posted by revi View Post
    George, this isn't a contest, but a grant application. Richard is asking an industrial to grant him anti-flea products. So basically, there is no agreement yet (those tend to be written up once the grant is, well, granted).

But indeed, unless there's something to the contrary in the conditions for application or referenced documents, which you agree to by submitting the application, the other party will still have to ask permission before any publication.

To get back to the original question, I'd say screen sized images with mention of "larger available" would be best, especially if the application is to be submitted electronically (email often has size limits).
    I see. Misunderstood it.

George