Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Has anyone got feedback on the Canon EF 70-200 L F4 MkII so far?

Has anyone got feedback on the Canon EF 70-200 L F4 MkII so far?

I am looking sideways at this lens but wondered if anyone in the forum has shot with one and give me some experiential feedback on its performance, strengths and weaknesses.

Real Name
    Dan

Re: Has anyone got feedback on the Canon EF 70-200 L F4 MkII so far?

Nope, but there are some thorough reviews. You might find the one at the-digita-picture.com useful. Apparently, this lens, unlike the new f/2.8 III, is a major upgrade. However, I haven't considered it. I have the first generation, and it is an excellent lens. I do have some lenses that have enough flaws that I keep my eyes out for a reasonable replacement, in particular, the 24-105 L generation 1. However, in the years I have had the 70-200, I have never pined for a replacement for it. The improvements are enough, however, and the price difference small enough (currently $200 US), that if my current one were stolen or run over by a truck, I would buy the II.

That's a long way of saying 'no, I don't have experience.' Maybe should have had some coffee first. But check out the review I noted, if you haven't. And if you do buy one, I would be eager to hear what you think of it.

Real Name
    Richard

Re: Has anyone got feedback on the Canon EF 70-200 L F4 MkII so far?

My philosophy is "IF IT AIN'T BROKE - WHY FIX IT?" My 70-200mm f/4L IS (Version One) has always been my favorite lens and I use it on both my crop and full frame Canon DSLR cameras. I'm with Dan in saying that if I were buying new or needed to replace my present lens, I'd buy the new model. Until then, I am quite happy in all aspects with my present version.