Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Recover missing photos on Mac

Recover missing photos on Mac

My photos in Downloads folder were deleted when cleaning up my Mac disk using CleanMyMac app. Checked the trash but not there. Does anybody knows how to recover the photos? It is a Macbook Pro 2015

Real Name
    Bill

Re: Recover missing photos on Mac

Do you make regular backups to Time Machine or using a program like Carbon Copy Cloner? If so, your photos will be there.

If not, try searching the Apple Support Community. And make a note to self: Step one in any activity that involves a delete step is"Make a Backup Now".

Good luck!

Real Name
    Jörg

Quote Originally Posted by lasers View Post
    My photos in Downloads folder were deleted when cleaning up my Mac disk using CleanMyMac app. Checked the trash but not there. Does anybody knows how to recover the photos? It is a Macbook Pro 2015
    Yes! You can try a cross-platform OpenSource program called “PhotoRec” (https://www.cgsecurity.org/). I can attest to its ability to snatch photos back not just from the jaws of imminent death but even from its bowels. It’s a bit of a convoluted process but it certainly does work. The effective yet not-so-pretty program even pulled photos from an Android shoe-fone SD card which I had thought was long dead. Saved my Schnitzel!

Hopefully the disdain frequently foisted upon FOSS programs by the commercial software fanboys here will be kept at bay this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hevii Guy View Post
    Yes! You can try a cross-platform OpenSource program called “PhotoRec” (https://www.cgsecurity.org/). I can attest to its ability to snatch photos back not just from the jaws of imminent death but even from its bowels. It’s a bit of a convoluted process but it certainly does work. The effective yet not-so-pretty program even pulled photos from an Android shoe-fone SD card which I had thought was long dead. Saved my Schnitzel!

Hopefully the disdain frequently foisted upon FOSS programs by the commercial software fanboys here will be kept at bay this time.
    Tried CGsecurity PhotoRec but it failed to find the deleted photos.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

These recovery programs only work if the disk area has not been overwritten with new data, otherwise there is no data left to recover. One can’t say for sure that this has happened, but unless you have not used your computer at all since this issue was first identified, this is a distinct possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by lasers View Post
    Maybe ,this is a bug in CleanMyMac ---- Erasing everything without asking .
    The deleted data cannot be in the trash bin,data like the erased by software, you can't find them with your eyes,you need a recovery program to scan them and restore them back on Mac.
    Like it : https://www.tunesbro.com/recover-los...cbook-pro.html
    Last edited by pasmkeras; 18th October 2018 at 09:28 AM.