Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Project 52 Judith Noble (Urbanflyer) 4th quarter C & C always appreciated

Real Name
    Judith

2018 Project 52 Judith Noble (Urbanflyer) 4th quarter C & C always appreciated

Week 40--Seattle sidewalk---Can't believe it is 4th quarter already! Whoosh!

2018 Project 52 Judith Noble (Urbanflyer) 4th quarter C & C always appreciatedSeattle sidewalk by urbanflyer, on Flickr

Real Name
    David

Re: 2018 Project 52 Judith Noble (Urbanflyer) 4th quarter C & C always appreciated

I like the way the imperfection of the crack in the paving is echoed in the bent grid of the drain cover. And I lik the colour in the paving stones.

Meanwhile, I am still trying to work out why the drain cover has so much colour in it. It is seems to be more than just rust.

Real Name
    John

Re: 2018 Project 52 Judith Noble (Urbanflyer) 4th quarter C & C always appreciated

Nice concept.

Real Name
    Greg

Well seen Judith. Art is everywhere in the street you just have to frame it right.

Real Name
    Judith

Week 41--Street Art

2018 Project 52 Judith Noble (Urbanflyer) 4th quarter C & C always appreciatedStreet Art by urbanflyer, on Flickr

Real Name
    Greg

I like this, Judith. It is the kind of image that sucks me right in. The human mind seeks order in chaos, tries to join the dots to see shapes and patterns and faces - and I see a grid with faces in this. Perhaps half a male face in the centre pane, connected by the diagonal to a female face in the lower left. The male face partially concealed by a curtain, lacework or mask. And then there is another face in the lower right which seems to be looking at the male too. So a three-way relationship for the viewer to ponder. I takes a good eye to spot faces in the street like this, well done.

Real Name
    Sandy

Definitely unique - Looking at it from Greg's point of view, I see at least 5 faces and two fishes. This would be perfect as a framed picture on display where a person needed to concentrate on something other than what was going on around him/her.

Excellent work in my view!

Real Name
    Judith

Quote Originally Posted by skitterbug View Post
    Definitely unique - Looking at it from Greg's point of view, I see at least 5 faces and two fishes. This would be perfect as a framed picture on display where a person needed to concentrate on something other than what was going on around him/her.

Excellent work in my view!
    Thank you. Interesting what others see!

Real Name
    John

Judith,

Nicely seen and captured.

Real Name
    Judith

Week 42--But I don't want to go! (it is clearly fall and I have to take photos of beautiful leaves!)

2018 Project 52 Judith Noble (Urbanflyer) 4th quarter C & C always appreciatedLeaf--2018 by urbanflyer, on Flickr

Real Name
    Greg

Nice subject Judith, I like the colours. The fence is such a strong element in this image that the leaf seems secondary though.

Real Name
    David

I agree to some extent, Greg; but without the leaf I think the image overall would not be as strong.

Real Name
    John

Judith,

Nicely captured, with a pattern like this it is always a guessing game where exactly to crop; either in camera or post-processing, the breaks in the links, whether from the top/bottom or the sides can either create a flow (when open-ended) or an abrupt stop when cropped as is.

Real Name
    Judith

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Judith,

Nicely captured, with a pattern like this it is always a guessing game where exactly to crop; either in camera or post-processing, the breaks in the links, whether from the top/bottom or the sides can either create a flow (when open-ended) or an abrupt stop when cropped as is.

Thanks, John and David and Greg, since I was thinking of clinging to the fence to avoid going to ground, it is good that you see the fence as a strong and defined presence in the photo!

Real Name
    Sandy

Hi Judith - I think the fall colored leaf caught in the structure of the fence tells the story you wanted. I like the lines of the fence as well as the brick wall behind it. It is interesting to view and one that holds my attention!

Real Name
    Judith

Week 43: Decay---more fall leaves!

2018 Project 52 Judith Noble (Urbanflyer) 4th quarter C & C always appreciatedDecay by urbanflyer, on Flickr
    Last edited by Urbanflyer; 28th October 2018 at 05:49 AM.

Real Name
    John

Judith,

Week 43, nicely spotted and captured, one of my favorite subjects-moreso than those still on the trees.

Real Name
    Judith

Week 44-On the Road Again

Now I need to catch up from our month of travels. This is a cell phone photo but I liked it.

2018 Project 52 Judith Noble (Urbanflyer) 4th quarter C & C always appreciatedOn the Road Again-Oregon by urbanflyer, on Flickr

Real Name
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanflyer View Post
    Week 44-On the Road Again

Now I need to catch up from our month of travels. This is a cell phone photo but I liked it.

2018 Project 52 Judith Noble (Urbanflyer) 4th quarter C & C always appreciatedOn the Road Again-Oregon by urbanflyer, on Flickr
    I like it too!

Real Name
    John

Nice road shot.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast