Thread: Sunrise over the River Leven in Cumbria, UK covered in a heavy early morning mist

Real Name
    Gerald Fraser

Sunrise over the River Leven in Cumbria, UK covered in a heavy early morning mist

Sunrise over the River Leven in Cumbria, UK  covered in a heavy early morning mistDSC05090 by gerald fraser, on Flickr

This picture from the same area creates a different mood

Sunrise over the River Leven in Cumbria, UK  covered in a heavy early morning mistDSC05078 by gerald fraser, on Flickr
    Last edited by Gerry F; 12th October 2018 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Adding a picture from the same area

Real Name
    John

Re: Sunrise over the River Leven in Cumbria, UK covered in a heavy early morning mis

Nice shot.

Real Name
    Greg

Re: Sunrise over the River Leven in Cumbria, UK covered in a heavy early morning mis

Gee, this is a moody shot. I like it. If it were mine, I would be tempted to clone some of the dark foliage over the patch of sky on the right side of frame. Well, done, Gerry

Real Name
    Greg

The 2nd shot does create a different mood and it is a scene with potential. As a photo of the same scene though I think the first one works better. The first shot has a clear focal point for the viewer - the bright sun and the backlit tree, and subtle warm tones that complement the scene. On the other hand, in the 2nd shot the level of brightness is pretty much the same across the whole scene and with the brighter light (later in the morning) there are more visible elements. The result is that there is a lot to look at but for me nothing really stands out as the main point of interest.

Real Name
    Gerald Fraser

I agree completely. Definitely a lesson there
    Last edited by Gerry F; 13th October 2018 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Complete