Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Two langurs

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Two langurs

This is a shot I took about four years ago while visiting Bhutan. I was never 100% happy with the image so I spent some time reworking the image to the point were I think it looks fairly good.

The mother and child show almost human-like affection for each other in this image.

Two langurs

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Two langurs

The absolute focus of attention has to be the gaze between mother and youngster. It is amazing because a) we cannot see the eyes of either and b) because we are told that the main point of attention needs to be among the brightest part of the image, with everything else darker around it in order to focus attention. But this achieves it notwithstanding that.

Clearly the dark faces in the midst of the light coats makes them a point of focus. The arms and hand around the youngster's neck takes attention to that.

A superb image, with all the foliage being a very strong support act, again helping attention focus on the animals.

Timing is everything ........ well apart from light!

Real Name
    John

Nicely captured.

Real Name
    Ole

What really caught my attention is the total absorption in one another between mother and baby.
    Cheers Ole

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Thanks Donald - you have nicely articulated what I am trying to do with this image. You are right about the timing and the light. Being at the right place at the right time is critical to a decent wildlife shot. These langurs have very dark eyes that are quite difficult to see even when the light is hitting their faces directly.

The other part, that you can probably guess, having been on some of the workshops / master classes, there is a lot of PP work here too. 26 layers worth to be exact.

Thanks John.

Thanks Ole - Ultimately that is what caught my eye in this shot.