Thread: Lovely Young Lady

Real Name
    Richard

Lovely Young Lady

Tofu, the puppy that Judy hand fed from when he was one day old has found a new family... They will pick him up in two weeks after he has been neutered and has had his final puppy shot.

I was very impressed how lovely this young lady is. She is the niece of the woman who is adopting Tofu. I'd love to have shot her portrait with some decent studio lighting but, there was no chance to do that. This is a shot with my A6500, 50mm f/1.8 lens and diffused Godox tt350S bounced...

Lovely Young Lady

We often get into a conversation to break the ice when meeting a new family. This young lady had just completed an Ancestry.com DNA test was excited learn that she had Vietnamese, Chinese, Nigerian and Portuguese genes, I would say that the combination worked exceptionally well!
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 29th October 2018 at 06:28 PM.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: Lovely Young Lady

Lovely portrait Richard. I can't say I love the Red Eye though. I've never seen that issue come through with bounced flash, but I guess is the light is coming back on the optical axis, it could occur.

Lovely Young Lady
    Last edited by Manfred M; 29th October 2018 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Added edited image

Real Name
    Kay

A nice portrait & context.
    I see what Manfred means, but for me it’s ok, not noticeable easily and her hair tones bring everything together....except maybe the yellow nails. From a portrait point they are a bit of a clash, but for letting the character and personality of the subject shine through, they are perfect!

Real Name
    Richard

Manfred...

I feel embarrassed and, was amiss in not seeing the red-eye in this portrait. If I had noticed, it I would have corrected it. Thanks for pointing it out to me.

I used a little "shower-cap" reflector diffuser on the shot because I had just shot this young lady and her aunt as they were adopting Tofu the puppy. Since they were not actually taking the puppy (he still needs to be neutered and needs his final puppy shot), I did not expect to shoot. When my wife asked me for an image, I just grabbed the first gear I had laying around.

The reflector/diffuser has an internal reflective area which, I guess shot a lot more of the light forward.

It is a really lazy and "quick and dirty" tool for a hotshoe flash which I received as a freebie with the Little tt350S flash I often use on my Sony A6500.

Lovely Young Lady

Since it is pretty common to get these diffusers with Godox flash purchases, I normally will use them as protection for my flash tube when I carry the flash in my camera bag...

I have never experienced red eye using a hotshoe flash with the Joe Demb Flash Diffuser Pro reflector diffuser I most often use. I am suspecting that the problem comes from the reflective back of the little shower cap as well as the fact that the Godox tt350S is a small flash, and the flashtube is pretty close to the lens axis.

Real Name
    Paul David

Beautiful young lady.

Real Name
    John

Nice shot.