Thread: We are looking for a house

Nomadic but not homeless, ex N.Z. now Aust.
    Real Name
    Paul

We are looking for a house

We sold our lifestyle block a few months ago and are looking for a new home. Today we visited this one near the center of Wellington and rather liked it. Unfortunately the New Zealand Governor General lives there and it's not for sale.

If you ever visit Wellington you maybe able to book a free guided tour around it. They take small groups about three times a week. We were lucky to get such a clear day.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: We are looking for a house

No. There's too much grass to cut. Wouldn't have time for photography.

Real Name
    Peter

That gardener should be congratulated for creating the wonderful lead in lines for you Paul. I’m not sure who you need to congratulate for the cloud aligning with the centre of the house structure ;-)
    Your image does the Governors house proud. Well captured We are looking for a house
    Good look with your house hunting.

PS. The style of the house reminds me of one in Rotorua, that I think (from memory) is also a government building. You may get a better price for that one as it has/had some EQ damage.

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk

Real Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    No. There's too much grass to cut. Wouldn't have time for photography.
    We would of course keep most of the staff including the gardeners but my wife will probably dismiss any very attractive maids so I should still have plenty time for photography. (Is it the butler or chauffeur who carries the tripod?)

Real Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by ST1 View Post
    That gardener should be congratulated for creating the wonderful lead in lines for you Paul. I’m not sure who you need to congratulate for the cloud aligning with the centre of the house structure ;-)
    Your image does the Governors house proud. Well captured We are looking for a house
    Good look with your house hunting.

PS. The style of the house reminds me of one in Rotorua, that I think (from memory) is also a government building. You may get a better price for that one as it has/had some EQ damage.

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk
    The cloud was smack bang in the right position but none of my photography friends will ever believe it. The weather and sun position happened to be perfect. All I had to do was stand in the right spot...

In the talk we were given the Rotorua Thermal Baths building was mentioned. Evidently designed by the same government architect a few years earlier. (about 1905)

The other houses we have visited in our hunt for one have been a little bit more modest. We have a contract on one but need to wait until a tenant has gone before making a final inspection and decision.

Real Name
    John

Nice shot.

Sometimes, the stars (and clouds) align. Well seen and captured.

Real Name
    Richard

Love that image. leading lines, cloud and especially how it is framed by the hibiscus (or some type of plant) lower image right. That really portrays a sense of depth...