Thread: All mine

Real Name
    Ole

All mine

This is a photo I really like except for the blurred hand movement. I deliberately reduced colour in the boy's face and arms. C&C most welcome

All mine

Real Name
    Greg

Re: All mine

I like the coloufulness of it too, Ole. Do have any more space on the left to include the feet? I think the image would benefit from a more spacious frame to include more of the coloured balls.

Real Name
    Ole

I agree, Greg

All mine

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Ole - I think the question I have here is intent. While there are many ways to go with a shot, the two that come to my mind are an environmental portrait, where the balls make up the background but the subject is obviously the boy. With that intent, seeing the face and getting rid of the right third or so of the image would work well.

The other is to look at it as a picture of the balls, where you handle the boy as more of an intruder. Here a much wider view with more balls on all sides would work well.

With this composition it seems you couldn't decide on what approach to take and you ended up with something in the middle that does not work as well as some of the other approaches you could have taken.

Real Name
    John

Nice shot.