Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Editing tutorial

Real Name
    John

Editing tutorial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMjb7sMiAsg

I would've liked to see both photographers final output and comments.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: Editing tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post

I would've liked to see both photographers final output and comments.
    There was only one photographer... He does show his final output. Are we watching the same link?

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Manfred M View Post
    There was only one photographer... He does show his final output. Are we watching the same link?
    I was referring to the owner of the Canon camera, the presenter stated that the same lens was used on both cameras but he didn't say who shot the images, also felt he should've presented the Canon owner's take on the color rendering as it would've given a weighted opinion.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    I was referring to the owner of the Canon camera, the presenter stated that the same lens was used on both cameras but he didn't say who shot the images, also felt he should've presented the Canon owner's take on the color rendering as it would've given a weighted opinion.
    The same photographer took all the images. The only reason he went to see the second photographer was to use the Canon gear (as he had sold his) and to use his studio.

For the test, it really doesn't matter who took the pictures as the whole question was to compare Canon colours against Sony colours when it comes to shooting portraits. To some extent, I can understand why he used the same Canon lens on both camera bodies as that isolates the differences to the sensors and associated in-camera processing. On the other hand, I believe he should have done a Canon system to Sony system comparison, as the photographer normally shoots Sony and the Sony lenses are reputedly part of the issue.