Real Name
    John

Hill Climb Mini.

Not everyone's cup of tea I suspect.

Hill Climb Mini.

Real Name
    Peter

Re: Hill Climb Mini.

Well captured image of a favourite car from my past. I much prefer the original mini’s to the more modern variants. They were so much fun to drive.
    Having said that I’m probably overlooking the maintenance issues I had with those I owned.

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk

Real Name
    Zen

Quote Originally Posted by ST1 View Post
    I much prefer the original mini’s to the more modern variants. They were so much fun to drive.

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk
    I agree Peter. I had a '63 with an 1175cc Cooper Special Tuning Works block bored out to 1198cc, ported and balanced to over 12,000RPM- all outfitted for road-racing here in the US with SPCA. Ran 10" racing slicks from the US midget racing series, built in roll bar, etc., etc. Flat out, pedal to the metal, she'd go to about 112 MPH, with me sitting only 3" above the tarmac.

The Minis were popular in SCCA racing, some quite fast. As you said, fun to drive, and even more fun to race. Won a few races in mine, but sold when I got busy at work.

That's a nice shot, John, and showing one of the handling characteristics the minis were known for-lifting the inside rear wheel on cornering. The platform was so small and so stiff, they almost always did that under power.

Thanks for sharing your shot.

Zen

Real Name
    John

Nice shot.

Real Name
    Bill

Nice shot and very good treatment of colour/saturation to mute the background. Nice paint job too .

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

I can definitely see why you did not go to just B&W on this shot; the paint job on the car is superb.

What I do wonder about is why you stuck with more of a yellow / green monochrome, rather than going to a pure B&W? There are definitely some strange, "crunchy" artifacts in the grass and other parts of the image. I'm trying to understand why you decided to process those areas of the shot that way; is it the shake reduction filter in play?

Real Name
    John

Going to have to come clean on this. The car is bright red all over but I was experimenting. Two layers. Bottom layer was processed to mono, then I applied an IR filter - hence the grass Manfred - and as an after thought, a final push towards the green. Top layer was a selection of just the car taken to a straight b/w but then I used the history brush in PS to take part of the bodywork back to red. Finally, I tweaked the hue of the red.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by John 2 View Post
    Going to have to come clean on this. The car is bright red all over but I was experimenting. Two layers. Bottom layer was processed to mono, then I applied an IR filter - hence the grass Manfred - and as an after thought, a final push towards the green. Top layer was a selection of just the car taken to a straight b/w but then I used the history brush in PS to take part of the bodywork back to red. Finally, I tweaked the hue of the red.
    Thanks for the update. Experimentation is fun and can provide some stunning results. I had wondered if you had "enhanced" the car colours as the effect almost looks like a selective application of a radial gradient.