Thread: Magnificent Church Door

Magnificent Church Door

We came across this door and surround when looking at another building nearby in Te Teco, Canterbury, New Zealand. Apart from straightening have not had to do too much to it.

Magnificent Church DoorMagnificent Church Door by Jim A, on Flickr

Real Name
    John

Re: Magnificent Church Door

Nicely seen and captured.

Real Name
    John

Weathered things make for attractive subjects and you have captured the textures in this one well. Nice shot.

Real Name
    Greg

This is an interesting subject Jim which really invites closer inspection of the detail. If I were to encounter a scene like this I would be shooting from that step to capture the colour and texture of the metal and wood.

Thanks John, John & Greg. I did not think of doing that, Greg, very good point - next time!

This door looks so mysterious and gorgeous, and I'm amazed by the author's work. It is such a wonderful job that I would like to see this door at my place as a souvenir. Designers or custom things are my passion, and I collect them in my garage. My wife is not too fond of this fact, but that's what brings me joy and inspires me daily. I have recently liked to search forum threads about selling old doors and renovating them for selling further. The last thing I found is a service at https://doorsdirect2u.co.uk/product-.../french-doors/ that sells doors in a french style. Hope my wife won't be against ordering them for our home.
    Last edited by Donald; 31st October 2022 at 05:23 PM.