Thread: Custom camera profiles for Capture One

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Custom camera profiles for Capture One

It's nice to see that X-Rite has just released a public beta for software that allows custom camera profiles to be used in Capture One. I've been using one for Adobe software for years and it does make a small, but significant difference in final image quality.

If you have X-Rite's ColorChecker Passport or ColorChecker Classic you can have the same functionality that has been available for both Adobe Camera Raw and Lightroom users.

https://xritephoto.com/CameraICC?utm...0Capture%20One

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Re: Custom camera profiles for Capture One

Quote Originally Posted by Manfred M View Post
    It's nice to see that X-Rite has just released a public beta for software that allows custom camera profiles to be used in Capture One. I've been using one for Adobe software for years and it does make a small, but significant difference in final image quality.

If you have X-Rite's ColorChecker Passport or ColorChecker Classic you can have the same functionality that has been available for both Adobe Camera Raw and Lightroom users.

https://xritephoto.com/CameraICC?utm...0Capture%20One
    Yes Manfred I tried it out this morning. Seems to work as intended and gives a decent profile. The dark blue on the image of the Color Checker card comes out darker than with the standard C1 profile. Could be more realistic, not sure. Out of interest, inspection with ICC Profile Inspector shows that the XRite profile is an LUT type rather than a matrix type. I think the default profiles are like that too.

Dave

Real Name
    Ted

Re: Custom camera profiles for Capture One

Quote Originally Posted by dje View Post
    Yes Manfred I tried it out this morning. Seems to work as intended and gives a decent profile. The dark blue on the image of the Color Checker card comes out darker than with the standard C1 profile. Could be more realistic, not sure. Out of interest, inspection with ICC Profile Inspector shows that the XRite profile is an LUT type rather than a matrix type. I think the default profiles are like that too.

Dave
    Good news for C1 users, it seems, Dave! The LUTs meaning that selection of perceptual rendering intent should even work, eh?

Also, both the GIMP and RawTherapee can accept .icc profiles and I know that RT can also use .dcp input profiles.

Long ago, I used my Xrite mini-checker and a utility called "CoCa" to make some ICCs but quickly got bored with the idea of having to make a load of profiles when my raw converter's WB set, plus it's CMY color-balancing function, was all I really needed ...

May have mentioned before that I don't print, though.
    Last edited by xpatUSA; 10th January 2019 at 05:38 PM.