Thread: Breathe

Real Name
    Greg

Breathe

Simple urban abstract: line, texture, shape.

BreatheBreathe-I_84A9298-1 by Greg, on Flickr

Real Name
    Judith

Re: Breathe

Interesting abstract. I'm not sure where my eye can enter without getting stuck. All three he elements are strong.

Another one I like. But, I suggest cropping off of the bottom the lowest two horizontal bands (on what looks like a mail slot). And I might further suggest converting this to B&W because the lone blue stripe and the metallic rectangle seem at odds with each other. In a B&W I 'think' it may all blend in a bit more. Just a thought

Real Name
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanflyer View Post
    Interesting abstract. I'm not sure where my eye can enter without getting stuck. All three he elements are strong.
    Good point, Judith. I think I might need to pull the brightness down on the bottom element. Thanks for commenting

Real Name
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by flashback View Post
    Another one I like. But, I suggest cropping off of the bottom the lowest two horizontal bands (on what looks like a mail slot). And I might further suggest converting this to B&W because the lone blue stripe and the metallic rectangle seem at odds with each other. In a B&W I 'think' it may all blend in a bit more. Just a thought
    Yes, I agree with cropping off the lower band - and I think that will also help with the problem Judith mentions because it is probably the brightest part of the image. (BTW it is an air vent - hence my "witty" title ;-) ) Converting to black and white does make it all more of a piece but I prefer the coloured version. If it jars a bit, well that's ok I don't think "art" should make us feel comfortable. Thanks for your help with this.

Real Name
    Philip

Quote Originally Posted by FootLoose View Post
    Yes, I agree with cropping off the lower band - and I think that will also help with the problem Judith mentions because it is probably the brightest part of the image. (BTW it is an air vent - hence my "witty" title ;-) ) Converting to black and white does make it all more of a piece but I prefer the coloured version. If it jars a bit, well that's ok I don't think "art" should make us feel comfortable. Thanks for your help with this.
    It wasn't the art, but trying to understand the link between image and title, that was uncomfortable here. So thanks for the explanation.

Philip