Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: The Eyes Have It...

Real Name
    Richard

The Eyes Have It...

While I am perfectly capable of the focus and recompose system, I absolutely love Eye-AF on my Sony A6500 when shooting with a longer focal length and wide aperture lens wide open. It is a lot faster for me and a lot more fun. As a friend of mine describes it, it is like flying in the space shuttle rather than digging a hole with a paper cup. I won't go that far but, I do enjoy Eye-AF and I am looking forward to new evolutions of this 21st Century technology...

All shot with Sony A6500 and Sony SEL 85mm f/1.8 lens wide open... I especially like this lens because I can repurpose the focus lock button on the lens to achieve Eye-AF. That is neat but, will no longer be necessary with the Eye-AF on the new Sony A6400 as well as with the new firmware for the A9 and A7Rii/A7iii.

Catherine
    The Eyes Have It...

Marlene
    The Eyes Have It...

Janetta
    The Eyes Have It...

BTW: Catherine loves the lock of hair curling on her cheek and this is one of her hallmarks...
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 28th January 2019 at 05:16 PM.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: The Eyes Have It...

Richard - I'm tempted to say that the eye focus worked well on the first image, but not on the last two. Both shots look like they are front focused

Real Name
    John

Nice efforts.

Real Name
    Richard

Not to argue but the right eye looks pretty sharp to me... Biut, it ,ight have locked in on the eye lash rather than the pupil. What do you think?
    The Eyes Have It...
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 29th January 2019 at 03:52 AM.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    Not to argue but the right eye looks pretty sharp to me... Biut, it ,ight have locked in on the eye lash rather than the pupil. What do you think?
    The nose looks sharp around the ring, The eye looks a touch soft. Look at the pores around the eyes and then around the nose. The nose is sharp, the eyes, less so.