Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grainy experiment Critique welcome

Real Name
    André

Re: Grainy experiment Critique welcome

Quote Originally Posted by lovelife65 View Post
    Personally Trev I think it's fantastic. But I tend to love this kind of photography as it is unique, and I believe your landscape is a good subject for it. There is a photographer out there that does it more with a very focused subject and a grainy / somehow uniquely processed background that gives a similar effect (not quite the same) and he is winning all kinds of awards and getting into magazines and all that.

I love it, thank you for sharing.
    Hi Sharon,
    Would you care to elaborate why you like this photo. You mentionned that it is unique but being unique does not mean that it is good. I have several unique photos in my reject pile and I can assure you that they are not good. I am not being facetious. I am simply trying to understand what you see in the photo.
    André

Real Name
    Sharon

Quote Originally Posted by Round Tuit View Post
    Hi Sharon,
    Would you care to elaborate why you like this photo. You mentionned that it is unique but being unique does not mean that it is good. I have several unique photos in my reject pile and I can assure you that they are not good. I am not being facetious. I am simply trying to understand what you see in the photo.
    André
    The processing style is somewhat unique.
    I believe it gives an atmosphere to his work that would be absent without the effects. I love much of Trev's work, but this image is a good style, at least for me (But I also love film).
    The textures and "imperfections" create the mood and for me it tells a better emotive story than if it were technically perfect with zero manipulation.

Real Name
    André

Quote Originally Posted by lovelife65 View Post
    The processing style is somewhat unique.
    I believe it gives an atmosphere to his work that would be absent without the effects. I love much of Trev's work, but this image is a good style, at least for me (But I also love film).
    The textures and "imperfections" create the mood and for me it tells a better emotive story than if it were technically perfect with zero manipulation.
    Thank you Sharon. That is helpful.

Real Name
    John

Thought you might like this link, particularly since you share a Name:

http://www.colourfieldgallery.com/trevor-grimshaw/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12