Thread: Portraits of kenny

Real Name
    Richard

Portraits of kenny

Kenny is an aspiring model, photographer and film maker who is very easy to work with.

A6500 with Sony 85mm f/1.8 lens wide open

Portraits of kenny

Portraits of kenny

Real Name
    John

Re: Portraits of kenny

Nice efforts, I like the first for the overall look, the second image is fine but the steps are a little too pronounced and background light a bit too intense.

Real Name
    Dan

interesting poses and facial expressions, but neither image works for me. The bright areas around his head (first image) and next to his head (second image) are very distracting. The first image seems poorly exposed--the subject is very dark, and his face is against a bright background, which together make his face not prominent.

You could make some progress with processing. For example (a quick-and-dirty), just lightening the shadows, re-imposing contrast, and burning the bright stuff behind him yields this:

Portraits of kenny

But I think the real solution would be to provide more key lighting and avoid the very bright background, particularly given his dark complexion.

Real Name
    Peter Schluter

i like the portraits but agree with the others that the background OOF bright areas conflict with the subject. More so in the second one.