Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: With what seems to be a great leap in software with the use of AI just wonder

Real Name
    Russell

With what seems to be a great leap in software with the use of AI just wonder

Hi, With what seems to be a great leap in software with the use of AI just wonder (1) Does AI actually work and (2) Looking for a software to combat noise at high ISO from my Canon 70D, why high ISO? because trying to get into bird photography and fast shutter speeds seem to require a higher ISO when you only have a lens with a Maximum Aperture of f/5.6 (Canon 400mm).Thankyou, Russ.

Real Name
    Peter

Re: With what seems to be a great leap in software with the use of AI just wonder

Have you tried DxO?

Real Name
    Russell

Re: With what seems to be a great leap in software with the use of AI just wonder

i, No not DXO I already have L/R 6 stand alone and also On1 RAW really don't want to be buying another full package but if this AI is any good then maybe!!! Thankyou, Russ.

Real Name
    John

Russ,

What's your workflow for noise reduction and how high of an ISO do you have to go? I've tried many NR programs and have mostly settled on Nik's Dfine2 but will also do a bit of NR in ACR for less than delicate edits.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

If your exposure is right, the high ISO noise is often a non-issue with modern cameras. If you underexpose (a common issue in bird photography), noise will be an issue.

Real Name
    Russell

Hi, Thankyou for the replies. I use On1 software and Lightroom 6 but finding in taking images I am to get a fast shutter speed getting ISO in the region of 1600 (have the camera set to prevent going to a higher ISO. 1600 max) I also use AUTO ISO in AV mode and shutter no less than 1600th for BIF, exposure due to the the bright conditions where I live is mostly plus side 2/3rds to 3 stops over and then comes back to bite me as many birds stay within the trees out of the sunlight so I get again the problem of having to over expose slightly to get good exposures on the subject/s. Nor really had this problem of noise before as taking images of Land/Sea scapes and used a hand held meter. I do have the old version of ghe NIK collection somewhere so will dig it out and see what results I can get from that. Thanks again, Russ.

Real Name
    Peter Schluter

Quote Originally Posted by EsthycuteEffiong View Post
    AI definitely works and it's being used in a lot of innovative ways in software today.
    As are spammers, which I suspect you are.

Real Name
    Philip

Proceed with caution; in the not-too-distant future, AI software could be editing you!

Philip

Real Name
    Daniel

I'm just getting started working with AI. Im focusing on using it for research and writing. What you can do is mind-bending. It's like having a personal assistant with expert knowledge of everything. We are entering the age of AI.