Thread: From Photoshop to Lightroom

Real Name
    E. James

From Photoshop to Lightroom

I have been a dedicated Photoshop CC user but Lightroom CC is beginning to draw my interest. One thing that annoys me is when I import images into a Catalog the default is that all images are checked. If I want to select just a few images I must, as I understand it, uncheck all then check those I want to import. However, when I do this all the images get dark making selection more difficult. Must this be so?

p.s. something I did for show & tell...
    From Photoshop to Lightroom

Real Name
    Peter Schluter

Re: From Photoshop to Lightroom

A mouse roll-over will brighten each image. Or a left click followed by Shift left click on a subsequent image will brighten all those in between. With the latter method however if you check the tick box for import, all those images will be ticked.

i tend to bring all new photos into LR then having examined them delete the ones I dont want by removing them from both Catalogue and computer.

Real Name
    John

I usually select one image for import into LR and then in the LR dialogue box I'll select others I might want to work on as well. I first select the image in another browser (such as FastStone) and then when they populate the LR queue I'll select others before hitting the Import button inside LR which is where I can choose where to Import the catalogue.

Real Name
    Dan

I almost always import all of them and then cull them from within Lightroom. It's an opportunity to check the marginal ones carefully--for example, by blowing them up to check fine focus. It's very easy to delete them en masse. Each time you find one you don't want, just hit X, which will mark it for deletion. When you have gone through the whole set, hit ctrl-backspace, and when the dialog pops up, make sure that you select 'delete from disk'.

Real Name
    Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by DanK View Post
    I almost always import all of them and then cull them from within Lightroom. It's an opportunity to check the marginal ones carefully--for example, by blowing them up to check fine focus. It's very easy to delete them en masse. Each time you find one you don't want, just hit X, which will mark it for deletion. When you have gone through the whole set, hit ctrl-backspace, and when the dialog pops up, make sure that you select 'delete from disk'.
    I do this also. It works well for me.