Thread: Pink boxes

Real Name
    Ole

Pink boxes

I took this image from the Sky Wheel here in Melbourne. I do not know where architects get their imagination from, kindergarten pictures perhaps

Pink boxesPink boxes by Ole Hansen, on Flickr

Real Name
    Tony

Re: Pink boxes

Quote Originally Posted by mugge View Post
    I took this image from the Sky Wheel here in Melbourne. I do not know where architects get their imagination from, kindergarten pictures perhaps

Given your perspective, it's difficult to form any imaginative decision. without a wider view, I think it's a bit boring and not worth further comment.

Real Name
    Ole

Quote Originally Posted by Cogito View Post
    Given your perspective, it's difficult to form any imaginative decision. without a wider view, I think it's a bit boring and not worth further comment.
    Thank you for viewing

Real Name
    Richard

Nice thing about living in it, you don't have to look at it!

Real Name
    David

Quote Originally Posted by mugge View Post
    ...I do not know where architects get their imagination from, kindergarten pictures perhaps

I think the colour scheme works well - if you like pink - but I wonder what it will look like when weathered! Architecturally and photographically, the enclosed "balconies" are an interesting feature, and they would be less apparent from other angles.

I am curious as to why so many of the windows have diagonal striped reflections.

Real Name
    John

Nice perspective, I too think the balconies are very interesting.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Sorry Ole, but I think Tony has nailed it here. The perspective might be unusual, but that does not mean it complements the view. The colours and repeating patterns definitely have some potential, but the angle and composition work against those features of this scene.

This subject would probably work better if it were taken either from a straight on perspective that shows all of the lines and patterns straight on or shown the same way with an aggressive Dutch tilt.

As it is, it looks more like an opportunistic snapshot rather than a carefully considered image. This would be something fun to work with and experiment with by "working the scene" and taking multiple images from multiple positions to see which image is strongest.

Real Name
    Ole

There are many houses in the world with outrageous colours that looks absolutely stunning in the right setting but not that many are pink and this is an apartment block in a major city. That, I think, is funny.

Real Name
    Nandakumar

...and here i wanted a kid watching you at the balcony to remove the monotony