Thread: Betty Baewatch - Revisited

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Betty Baewatch - Revisited

My previous attempt on this model was not up to where I wanted the image to be, so I worked on a new shot with her.

I had an interesting discussion with some other judges at a recent portraiture competition at one of the photo clubs I belong to, regarding what to do with fly-away hair. What I took back from it was that there was no consensus. Some judges dislike it immensely while others feel it is part of the look. In this shot, the model wanted to look like she just got out of bed; hence the sleeping mask and stuffed toy, so I felt the slightly disheveled look was more appropriate, even though the makeup suggests something else.

Betty Baewatch - Revisited

Real Name
    Ted

Re: Betty Baewatch - Revisited

Off-topic but, out of curiosity, did the model discuss her choice of lip-gloss?

The color of the toy is perhaps no coincidence, but that lip-gloss is quite jarring to my cultured English eye ...

Real Name
    John

Agree the disheveled hair fits the concept, nicely captured.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by xpatUSA View Post
    Off-topic but, out of curiosity, did the model discuss her choice of lip-gloss?

The color of the toy is perhaps no coincidence, but that lip-gloss is quite jarring to my cultured English eye ...
    She is a member of a local amateur burlesque troupe who are working on a new routine and they asked me to do some shots for their advertising material. The theme is the "Seven Deadly Sins" and I believe her outfit represents "Sloth", hence the sleep look with mask and stuffed toy. The "jarring" is definitely what she is trying to achieve.

I'm not sure how the blue got into the mix, but she asked for the blue background to go with the lipstick and the stuffed toy.

Real Name
    Ole

That is great fun. Is there a magenta cast?
    Cheers Ole

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by mugge View Post
    That is great fun. Is there a magenta cast?
    Cheers Ole
    Not on my calibrated and profiled screen. I shot a gray card as my first image and used that to set the white balance.

If anything I would expect a slight blue cast given the blue light that is bouncing of the white seamless and wrapping around the model.