Thread: Batgirl

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Batgirl

Continuing my edits of a cosplay event from a couple of years ago, here is Batgirl. I'm colour grading this set to a bleak, futuristic look.

Batgirl

Real Name
    John

Re: Batgirl

Nice effort, for once I will say too much detail in the shadows, mainly the city scene in the background, if possible I would try to transform to a silhouette, would've looked cool with just window lights showing.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: Batgirl

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Nice effort, for once I will say too much detail in the shadows, mainly the city scene in the background, if possible I would try to transform to a silhouette, would've looked cool with just window lights showing.
    That's not the look I was after John.

I wanted to have the background about 3 stops underexposed and the subject correctly exposed by studio light. The shot was taken at the beginning of Golden Hour, so the lights in the houses were not turned on yet. What that does is gives the city a bit of a "dead" look which goes well with the colour grade I used and the look I was after. This is part of a superheros and villain set I am planning to print, so having the texture in the background is critical.

Had they been on, that would have been a great shot, but the models were all working indoors at that time.

Just for reference, here is the SOOC camera shot converted to a JPEG before any retouching. The background hasn't been touched to any great extent to get to the final version. Some work on the sky and foreground and the model herself...

Batgirl
    Last edited by Manfred M; 26th June 2019 at 01:06 AM.