Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: How do I rename a customised/created colour profile

Real Name
    António Correia

How do I rename a customised/created colour profile

I have made a profile for a certain ambient light conditions with the Oly 5 II. The profile is saved under the Library folder but I want to rename it.
    I will be using several profiles for other lighting conditions.
    The system accepts the new name but LR doesn't even after having been re-started.
    How to overcome this difficulty ? Thank you !

Real Name
    Ted

Re: How do I rename a customised/created colour profile

Is it a Digital Camera Profile (extension .dcp)?

Long ago, I made a DCP for a Sigma camera and carefully added it into the correct ACR folder, whatever that was, but ACR ignored it. I used Adobe's stuff to make the DCP and copied Adobe's folder and file naming conventions from the Canon profiles.

I think that was why I dumped Adobe from my computer for ever ...

Above is just for information ... to show that you are not alone!

Others here should have a proper answer for you soon and good luck.
    Last edited by xpatUSA; 12th July 2019 at 06:23 PM.

Real Name
    António Correia

thank you Ted. But I wouldn't like to move to other software because there would be a learning curve and a wast of time in this process
    Moreover, many people use LR and CC with whom I can share knowledge.
    Cheers !
    Have a nice week-end !

Real Name
    Ted

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio Correia View Post
    thank you Ted. But I wouldn't like to move to other software because there would be a learning curve and a wast of time in this process
    Moreover, many people use LR and CC with whom I can share knowledge.
    Cheers !
    Have a nice week-end !
    I wasn't suggesting that you move to other software, António. Only telling of an experience with ACR which, as you know, is part of LR. Develop Module ?

Good luck!

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Hi Antonio

It looks like you are using a Mac with Adobe CC. I'm a Windows user on CS6 so my information may be different to yours. However you may find the problem is the format of the name. eg the Adobe Standard profile for my camera start with the words "Nikon D610". My data doesn't contain the Oly E-5 MkII, only the MkI. It's profile starts with "Olympus E-5". I'd suggest you have a look at how the MkII is named in your system and start your own profile name with whatever the standard one starts with. After the first "standard" words you can add what you like.

I think Adobe use the first few words to associate the profile with the camera in use and only bring up the relevant ones in the pick-list.

Dave

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Antonio - another Windows user here as well.

When I use the x-Rite ColorChecker Passport software to create a profile, the software does come up with a default name, but I can change that to anything I want.

When I go to ACR (I haven't tried this in Lightroom) I need to go to the Profile drop down list and go down to "Browse". When I click on that, I get another pop up and have to either click on the triangle that says Favorites or Profiles and I can select any profile that I have created.

When I go to the directory where the ColorChecker Passport has stored my profiles, I can go and try to rename the profiles, but ACR does not see them, even if I restart Photoshop. I have not tried to restart my computer to see if that fixes the problem. I can remove old profiles and ACR (on restart) seems to see that they are no longer there.

One workaround would be to create a new profile with the name you want with the ColorChecker Passport software.

I now have a new profile on my machine, but the results seem to be identical to the old profile (which is what I expected).