Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Pixel errors

Real Name
    Ron

Pixel errors

A smartphone camera is causing strange pixels on many of my images. I am discussing this with the supplier but would like observations from CiC. There are random small groups of pixels in various parts of some images, mostly blue.

The effect is not lighting ... happens in sun or incandescent etc and not flash related
    Anyone know what the likely cause could be ... maybe sensor related?

It seems that TinyPic upload is now disabled so I can't post a sample image. Since TinyPic are about to close for business, what is the upload CiC plan? Managed to upload as attachment ... particularly note the blue 'smudges' on the woodwork. Image is zoomed.
    Thanks Ron
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RonH; 22nd August 2019 at 04:55 PM.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: Pixel errors

Ron - with TinyPic being shut down, we have not been able to find any alternatives to it and most users are using another free or paid-for hosting site. I've been using Flickr paid for account for years and there is still a free service (limited to 1000 images) that can be used. A number of members appear to be going that route.

Unfortunately, with smartphones, there is so much software enhancement and reprocessing, I'm not at all surprised that there are artifacts. The image is quite small and not particularly useful for diagnostic purposes. What phone make and model are you using?

Real Name
    Ron

Hei Manfred.
    Its a long time since I last posted so will take a look at options.
    The phone is a Nokia 8.1 which seems to rate OK on camera. I have also apk for high rated Pixel. Pics from either show the same type of artifacts and they are randomly positioned.
    It's a new purchase so I can change it but the headaches involved again in starting over...
    Thanks for responding to my post

Real Name
    Ron

Just joined Flickr. What Flickr settings do you recommend to upload just to CiC and how can I upload to a post? I am not interested in 'public viewing'.
    (I am very much a novice using external image handling sites!)

Real Name
    Peter Schluter

Quote Originally Posted by RonH View Post
    Just joined Flickr. What Flickr settings do you recommend to upload just to CiC and how can I upload to a post? I am not interested in 'public viewing'.
    (I am very much a novice using external image handling sites!)
    In Flickr select your image, then
    1. on the right hand size select the download arrow and choose "view all sizes"
    2. select the image size you want to post
    3. right click and select "copy image location"

Then in CiC post select the insert image icon and paste the link you copied above. Press OK

Real Name
    Ron

Peter. Thanks for your Flickr info. It seems that I messed up the settings in Flickr ... if I click on the link under a posted image I am directed to my Flickr account if haven't logged out of it. Not smart. So I have found a posting solution using My Albums ... at least in the short term until I understand Flickr settings.

Pixel errors
    Last edited by RonH; 23rd August 2019 at 01:17 PM.

Real Name
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Manfred M View Post
    Ron - with TinyPic being shut down, we have not been able to find any alternatives to it and most users are using another free or paid-for hosting site. I've been using Flickr paid for account for years and there is still a free service (limited to 1000 images) that can be used. A number of members appear to be going that route.
    Manfred. I seem to have solved the camera image problems by repeating the advised process from Nokia which includes resets. I will keep a check on it and hope to make some posts using My Album ... until I get to grips with Flickr
    Thanks for taking time out