Thread: An old court house.

Real Name
    Mike long

An old court house.

This building was built in 1872 in Jacksonport Arkansas. At one time there was a steamboat down by the river at this state park but someone burnt it down.
    An old court house.jP by James Cason, on Flickr

Real Name
    Dan

Re: An old court house.

Mike,

Sorry, but I see the same unnatural color cast that was in your portrait of Bridget. Here again, I shifted a bit toward blue and magenta. I also moved the midpoint a little and added contrast. This is a quick-and-dirty edit, but I think the colors look more natural.

An old court house.

The yellow could simply be an incorrect WB setting--using a setting with too high a Kelvin value for the lighting you had. I still don't understand the magenta-green issue.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

James / Mike - the yellow colour cast seems to be a recurring aspect of your images.

Is this something you are doing for creative reasons or is something else happening here.

At a high level, colour casts are not considered good technique, but colour grading is. Casts are global in nature while grading tends to be selectively chose and are applied specifically to highlights and shadows, less so to mid-tones. The highlight shadow grades can be the same, but complementary colours to the mid-tones are also quite common. Colour graders pay close attention to the colour wheel.

Real Name
    John

Nice effort.