Thread: Faking it....

Faking it....

Here's a couple of old-time edits of images I took Saturday before last at Salute To The 40's at Chatham Dockyard

Faking it....

Faking it....

edited with Camera Raw & then Silver Efex Nix (DX0) filters.
    Last edited by Manfred M; 7th October 2019 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Replaced second image with larger one from Flickr site

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: Faking it....

Hi Mich - I enjoyed these two shots. It looks like it was a fun photo shoot. Your second image was tiny, so when I went over to your Flickr site to look at a larger version. I brought in a size that matches your first shot so that members here can get a better view of it.

Overall I'd say you have accomplished your goal and have definitely given these shots more of a "period" snapshot look. Your signature / logo on them and the modern "faux" borders are a give away that they are not "real".

Real Name
    Ted

Wonderful Festival and nicely processed.

I've still got some of my Dad's fold-out camera shots from back then, most nostalgic! Judging by those, that first shot is pretty sharp ..

thanks...tbh I'm finding the lack of a proper upload option here to be a total pain, I've not used anything with BB code for about 20 years lol... I'm getting the link from the Flickr src code and clearly there is more than 1 depending on size

This one was done at the beginning of the year at Chartwell House (the home of Winston Churchill) but only edited by Camera Raw and no plug-ins used..... (holds breath to see what size will appear haha...and ignore the watermark, when bulk applying with Whatamark it can be a potluck as far as the size of the image etc )

Faking it....

Cheers Ted nice to hear! although of course the frames/watermark are not bang on.... I know a fair few reenactors and it can be nice to try to give them a semi-realistic record of their day etc

Real Name
    Peter Schluter

Nice pics Mitch. When in Flickr choose the "view all sizes" option, then select the size you want to post. Then right click the image and choose c"copy image location". then post that into the "insert image " space here in CiC

...and this is the Chairman of one of the camera clubs I go to dressing up as Dickie Valentine

Faking it....

I entered this at some bigger competitions. but I think the judges were horrified haha - however the guy in it was thrilled & it won me a pair of tickets to a 40's event in a competition he ran from that night lol....

Real Name
    Sharon

Mtch, nothing to critique nor add really, other than these are fantastic photos! Great work, thanks for sharing.

p.s. I just noticed something. The last photo seems a little saturated, and I think including his bottom hand in entirety may have made a better image

Real Name
    John

Nice set.