Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: I got to do my first photo shoot....

Real Name
    Daniel

I got to do my first photo shoot....

I got to do my first photoshoot and it happened to be an underwater photoshoot. Please take a look and let me know what you think, as always Constructive Critisim is appreciated.

Imgur folder

my favorite photo from the shoot
    I got to do my first photo shoot....

Real Name
    John

Re: I got to do my first photo shoot....

Not seeing an image.

Real Name
    Daniel

I clicked on the folder and it opend right up for me. Liked the series and the first shot in particuular. .

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Daniel - if you want comments, you are going to have to find a way of showing your images on this site, rather than using a link that people have to follow to external images. Most viewer will simply not bother.

Likewise I would suggest showing a limited number of images (10 is usually way too many) so that people have a more reasonable number to comment on. I have opened the link and some of the images are okay while others don't work all that well for me. As a former scuba diver, I can relate the the issues you likely faced in taking these shots. The water and the pool do add some challenging elements in focal length, framing, colour correction, etc. You probably had fun trying to do these, but as a whole, they really don't work for me all that well from a purely photographic viewpoint.

Also, be very careful when using a signature / logo on the shots, this should never become a significant compositional element in your images.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Not seeing an image.
    Didn't see the folder first time, nice series, that last image is a bit unsettling.

Real Name
    Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by Manfred M View Post
    Also, be very careful when using a signature / logo on the shots, this should never become a significant compositional element in your images.
    I understand what you are saying however, when I send the photos to the client I make the logo much smaller. I understand my photos are "not that good" just yet but I still like to keep my logo large for online sharing. I also understand it is pretty easy to remove if someone wants my photos they can easily remove my logo.

Also, I always add the logo as the last step and add it where it fits in the photo.

Real Name
    Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Didn't see the folder first time, nice series, that last image is a bit unsettling.
    That image is what happens when you half-way submerge the camera lens, the water magnifies your subject by about 33%. Google image "Underwater Spit Shots"