Thread: Thiksey Village

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Thiksey Village

With the advanced colour printing course i am taking right now, I am trying to produce at least one exhibition / portfolio quality image every day or two. A good part of the course involves critiquing each others work from a print quality, rather than photographic standpoint. The whole class (there are only eight of us) is made up of experienced printers and two, plus the instructor are printing at a very high level, so the class gets some excellent feedback on their work.

Here is the latest image I've prepared. It was taken a couple of years ago in the Himalayas in late January and shows Thiksey village taken from the top of the famous monastery. I have had problems with it as the scene is back-lit with the sun just out of frame and behind a few clouds.

Thiksey Village

Real Name
    Peter Schluter

Re: Thiksey Village

I can see why you chose it. A scene that is crying out to be printed up large.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: Thiksey Village

Out of interest, this is the SOOC image.

Thiksey Village

Viewing these images with Lightbox shows the images a lot better. While I have not used it a lot lately, I used Nik Color Efex Pro to process the image in #1.