Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primes vs. a zoom lens...

Real Name
    Dan

Re: Primes vs. a zoom lens...

Royden,

Welcome to CiC.

When you have a chance, could you please go to your profile (top right on the screen) and add your location and name? We use real names here, and a poster's location can often help people give better responses.

You may know this, but you can get a comparison of those two lenses here. There are two versions of the 17-70, and I may have chosen the wrong one.

Dan

I have only two primes besides the macro However those two I do not want to miss for all money in the world!
    Sigma 50mm 1.4 A and 85mm 1.4, No zoom lens can touch them. But agreed, I work at least 60% with zooms and as was said before there are some super zooms around. Canon 28-70mm 2,8 Yes the old old one. and my trusted but heavy 120-300 2,8 from sigma. Purely from IQ the 100-400 L II is also extremely good, only from build quality does not touch the MK1 I think there are enough lenses out to choose the right one for the job, and if I don't have it, I hire it

Real Name
    E. James

Zoom is good in antique store. michelangelo.jpg

Real Name
    Richard

I have always preferred longer focal lengths over shorter focal lengths so I am not that concerned that the widest my Tamron f/2.8 lens can attain is 28mm. In fact, I frequently use the 28-75mm f/2.8 Tamron on my APSC cameras and am quite happy with the results - especially when shooting people because of minimal distortion...
    Primes vs. a zoom lens...
    This was done with the APSC A6400 and Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 lens at 61mm (approximately 90.5 mm equivalent) 1/300 second, f/5.0 at 100 ISO...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12