Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: I.c.m.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

I.c.m.

I was out for a walk in the woods last week. I came across a stand of trees that were well along in fall colours, so I thought I might try out some intentional camera movement (ICM). Playing with PP a bit, I came up with this...

I.c.m.

Real Name
    Ole

Re: I.c.m.

Now that is what I call a fun picture! It works for me as such.
    Cheers Ole

Real Name
    Peter Schluter

There is a chap on another forum I frequent who uses icm a lot and gets good results. I like this too, the warm lower colours contrast with the blue sky and you have achieved a "impressionist" look. Suits a large wall I think.

Real Name
    Ole

I often use I.c.m when I'm in a tram or a train. I have yet to get an image. I keep trying though.

Real Name
    Dan

I.c.m.

Very nicely done. In what directions did you move the camera? It looks like mostly vertical with a nudge to the side. And what shutter speed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Real Name
    Daniel

Very Beutifull. I can also see this displayed on a large wall. It has a peaceful calming affect. Manfred, I'm interested in knowing your thoughts on the brighter area in the top right corner edge. Would lessening the areas intensity a bit enhance or dimminish the overall composition? Or cropping it out just to the left of the tree in the center of the area? Tk, Daniel

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by DanK View Post
    Very nicely done. In what directions did you move the camera? It looks like mostly vertical with a nudge to the side. And what shutter speed?
    Shutter speed was 1/4 sec and my motion was more or less vertical. There were some artifacts, especially at the edges from perspective distortion that I had corrected for. The minor side was motion was unintentional.

Real Name
    Dan

Even though it was unintentional, I think the side motion adds to the image. It looks like the vertical motion was smooth, while the horizontal looks like an abrupt nudge. The combined effect is very good, IMHO.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by escape View Post
    I'm interested in knowing your thoughts on the brighter area in the top right corner edge. Would lessening the areas intensity a bit enhance or dimminish the overall composition? Or cropping it out just to the left of the tree in the center of the area? Tk, Daniel
    When I do images like this one, they tend to evolve "organically". I had a similar thought last night and moved in this direction. I'm not totally sure where I am going to end up going with this one...

I.c.m.

Real Name
    Daniel

Its a tough choice to make between the two. I'm leaning towards the first one. The blue sky adds a tuch of realism to an otherwie surrealistic image. But then again its not intierly lost in the second image. I like them both.

Real Name
    Ole

I prefer the last one. The blue dominate in the first one. It is actually turning out to be good - not expecting that.

Real Name
    David

I am following this with interest. I also prefer the latest version with less dominance from the blues.

Real Name
    Sharon

I've seen this style before, and really like it.
    I like the first example