Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: My favorite camera/lens combination for people shooting

Real Name
    Richard

My favorite camera/lens combination for people shooting

The Eye-AF of the Sony A6400 is a very quick and simple way to nail focus on the eyes in a very fluid shooting situation needing fast focusing... The Tamron 28-75mm f//2.8 lens is also great for people shooting. The 42-105.5mm equivalent focal length is excellent for head shots. I can see me getting a lot of use from this combination...

My favorite camera/lens combination for people shooting

Real Name
    John

Re: My favorite camera/lens combination for people shooting

Nicely captured, how heavy is that lens, I know you've written that the new setup is much lighter than your DSLR kit? I like my Nikon 24-70mm but it is a heavy lens for handholding and quickly arranged capturing, I usually go with my 85mm 1.8 for the best experience.

Real Name
    Richard

The Sony version of the Tamron 28-75mm lens weighs 19.4 ounces or 550G... The combination with the APSC Sony A6400 totals out at 33.65 ounces and with the A7iii, the total weight is 42.33 ounces.

In comparison the Canon 24-70mm f/2.8 L lens on a Canon APSC 7D Mark 2 camera weighs 57.32 Ounces on a canon 5D Mark IV full-frame camera. the total weight is very close to the 7D2...

Th put these weights in perspective: The A6400 + Tamron combination weighs about five ounces more than the Canon lens alone and Canon cameras with the Canon 24-70mm lens weigh about 15 ounces (or close to a pound) more than the A7iii + Tamron...

I was hesitant to purchase the Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 Di III RXD Lens for Sony E because I was not really all that pumped up about the Tamron SP 28-75mm f/2.8 Di LD-IF AF in Canon EOS mount. Although there are some things in common between the two versions, I think that the Sony version might be a better lens. It is more expensive anyway: Sony mount lens: $879 and the Canon mount lens: $499 U.S. Dollars

The Canon version weighs 18 Ounces and the Nikon version weighs the same...
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 23rd November 2019 at 11:34 PM.

Very dramatic, Richard, I like! Good subject. Nevertheless, you may be surprised to hear that I would be very keen to also see in B&W! Now, there's a challenge As I see it, the numerous intruiging shapes etc, are challenged by the marvellous colours. Sometimes, it comes down to a hard choice. JMTCW.