Thread: Scaffold

Real Name
    David

Scaffold

Just wondering what others might think of this, so C&C welcome as always. Does it have any merit? If so, could it be improved?

I like the lighting on the poles and the random red markings on them as well as the intentional tilt.

Scaffold

Real Name
    António Correia

Re: Scaffold

I like this David !
    The red stripes interestingly punctuate the structure. Even if the image can be somehow confusing...

Cheers !

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Sorry David, this one is not working for me.

Lots of random lines which has the potential to make an interesting image, but there is no flow. The viewer's eyes have no guidance as to how to explore this image. I wonder if a tighter crop of just some part of this structure might be worth exploring, just as a way of simplifying the concept?

Real Name
    raymond

Many angles,interesting yet too busy for me and lacking of substance.For those that like lines and angles this is terrific.

Real Name
    Ole

There are lots of angles to explore in this image. (I, certainly would). As it stands there are too many angles. I would cut them down and have plenty of fun.
    Cheers Ole

Real Name
    David

Thank you for your comments everyone; I guess you have confirmed my suspicion.

I have tried several crops but cannot find a better one.

Real Name
    Nandakumar

I think you could bring some life to an otherwise static theme by giving an inclination with vertical.... could have increased the contrast a it. Lacking a point to focus cannot be overlooked. Only if some worker were seen tightening some screw standing on one of the platform!!!

Real Name
    Bill

Don't give up! The comments are much as you would have expected but there is a possible focal point in the intersection about 2/3 of the way in from the LH edge and about 2/3 down from the top. You could also have fun going abstract and playing with the liquefy or warp tools.

Real Name
    David

Quote Originally Posted by billtils View Post
    Don't give up... You could also have fun going abstract and playing with the liquefy or warp tools.
    You have motivated me to take another look, Bill. I tried the various distort filters, as I have not investigated them previously. This one (wave) seems to bring out the abstract elements, but it seems even busier; so all the earlier comments probably still apply. I can see how this might be used in future if I can cultivate some artistic ability.