Thread: Our Angels

Real Name
    Richard

Our Angels

What do you suppose happens to dogs who lose their owners and are too old or frail to be readily adopted? Many organizations put down these dogs but, we refuse to euthanize a dog unless the dog's physical condition has made life intolerable for them.

All of us in our rescue group have kept some dogs who are not adoptable. Judy and I have a senior male who is deaf, mostly blind and has no teeth left, but he will stay as a loved family member with us until the end of his days. He knows what sitting in a chair with me means and will search for me throughout the house so I can pick him up an sit him next to me or on my lap.

However, the real heroes of our adoption work are two couples in Northern California. They have turned their homes into sanctuaries for elderly and physically frail dogs to live out their lives with love, safety and comfort.

We did a small montage for our newsletter to recognize these four people and what they do for our rescue dogs. The photos are not of great quality. We asked them for some pictures of themselves and these are what we got.

However, they give you an idea of the love that our Angels offer these older dogs whom no one wants and I am proud to post them...

Our Angels

We do support this sanctuary will medical care and food but, the day to day work and love stems from these four people.
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 16th December 2019 at 07:21 AM.

Real Name
    John

Re: Our Angels

Nicely presented.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Well designed montage, Richard.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Nicely done Richard.

I have always wondered about the value to society of what volunteers do and why it is not better recognized and appreciated by society in general. We spend time, effort and money doing these things for no tangible reward.

Real Name
    roy

I think it's the satisfaction in doing it that counts

Real Name
    Richard

Sometimes the emotional quality of an image is more important that the actual image quality!

I have to echo Roy's comment about satisfaction.

We do things in life with expectation of a payoff... The payoff for me in rescue work (and I would guess for most volunteers in any field) is the good feeling it provides...

I often sit in the evening watching TV with a couple of dogs in my lap and watching several other dogs asleep on beds scattered throughout the family room. Knowing that many of these dogs owe their lives to our rescue group gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling.
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 16th December 2019 at 09:08 PM.

Real Name
    raymond

Simply heart warming and well done , if only kindness could replace the bitterness held onto by far too many.