Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Photoshop Elements without organizer

Real Name
    Richard

Photoshop Elements without organizer

My wife wanted a more simple program than Photoshop CC and one designed for tasks like creating Digital scrapbooks. Since most of the YouTube scrapbooking tutorials work with Elements, she bought a copy of Photoshop Elements 2020...

I remember back in the Dark Ages of my digital editing when for some reason I could no longer activate an earlier version of Photoshop. I purchased Photoshop Elements 8 (because of the price differential between Elements and Photoshop0 and I had all kinds of problems with the Organizer in that program. It wants to do too many things automatically and seemed quite invasive of my personal image filing system.... At that time, I found a copy of Photoshop CS6 at a good price which was the last edition of Photoshop that could be purchased. I got rid of Elements used that copy of CS6 for years until I gravitated to Photoshop CC.

I tried at that time to setup Elements 8 without the Organizer and it kept freezing up...

I have set up my wife's computer with Adobe Photoshop CC and she has loaded a copy of Elements 2020. I hope that Elements Organizer will not invade the Adobe Bridge which I have set up to organize my wife's images.

Does anyone know how to bypass the Organizer portion when working with Elements 2020?

Real Name
    Ted

Re: Photoshop Elements without organizer

Does anyone know how to bypass the Organizer portion when working with Elements 2020?
    Can't help you with that but I and many others had the same trouble with Elements 7. On-line solutions failed for me, just as with your good self.

My solution was to buy an Elements 6 CD for twenty bucks on eBay so that, if I accidentally activated the *^$#ing Organizer, I could just reload 6. Back then, it was pretty easy in XP to surgically remove an application prior to re-loading. Who knows if it's that easy anymore with later versions of Windoze or Elements?

Condolences from my Adobe-free computer ...

P.S. I still have the CD and "Elements 6 For Dummies" if your wife would like them ...
    Last edited by xpatUSA; 6th February 2020 at 07:17 AM.

Real Name
    John

I've been using Elements for years and once you install you will get two programs in one (organizer and the editor), at startup you have the option of choosing either one, I never use the organizer as it slowly (and I mean slowly) searches your computer for every image stored there and loads them slowly into the organizer. For some people this function (organizer) is useful as they can batch process (naming, storing, deleting, tagging, sorting) all of their images, for me I just choose the browser/editor function and can use without having to incorporate the organizer into the equation.

Real Name
    Peter Schluter

I use PS and Lightroom now, but used Elements for years. I never found the organiser to be a problem.

But as noted above you can choose to simply open the editor and use that on its own (something you cannot do in LR).

If you want to completely bypass the organiser just remember to untick the relevant box in the editor when saving an image.

Real Name
    Allan Short

I found that if I did not use the organizer to open, but went straight to Elements I could just got to File>Open and the folders would appear. It has been a number of years since I used it.

Cheers: Allan

Real Name
    Ted

In Elements 7, I got seriously irritated by having to uncheck the "use organizer"checkbox in a save or save-as dialog which was always there and always checked once one had, at some point in the past, opened with the Organizer - even just once. If the stupid app had managed to remember my last selection of that checkbox, I might still be using Elements to this day ... and my computer might not be Adobe-free ... LOL.

Real Name
    Ted

Quote Originally Posted by xpatUSA View Post
    P.S. I still have the CD and "Elements 6 For Dummies" if your wife would like them ...
    Offer withdrawn. Apparently not wanted.